X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Opus007
    • Nov 2007

My new 20.00 dollar cd player

All I can say is wow.Since selling my RCD-1072 i have been looking for a new cd player.On a whim and after reading other threads I decieded to give the Sony PS1 SCPH 1001 a twirl.So I ordered one off of ebay and all I can say is this 20 dollar player is simply amazing.It blows my current denon cd player out of the water.Is it better than the 1072?All I can say is there is a difference.The ps1 is more smooth and just makes listening for hours on end enjoyable.It does not have the super clarity the 1072 has but what it does exibit goes beyond that.I may never buy another cd player.
    This is only my opinion and yours may differ.
  • theblue
    • Dec 2009

very interesting. If I where to ever buy I CD player again, I'd be interested to try this.
    Marantz SR5002 (music fed by apple airport express via optical)
    rotel RB-985 THX (4 channels bipowering fronts, 1 for the center)
    B&W - 683, CDM-CNT, CDS3 (sides), DM601 (rears)
    a combo of haveflex and audioquest cables.

Comment

• Space
      • Aug 2009

How far down below the signal are the sonic features of the CD player itself? When you listen to a CD, you're hearing the recording played through your system and converted to sound by your speakers. The CD player has a certain noise level and some other measurable properties but they've got to be at least 110 dB below the signal. The signal is what you hear, not the player.

Comment

• Opus007
        • Nov 2007

Actually it is the dacs in the ps1 that is giving me the sound I am hearing combined with the ic's ,amp,speakerwire and speakers.My preamp is set to bypass.But whatever the end result is ...it is awesome.

Comment

• maxwebster
          • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Opus007
          All I can say is wow.Since selling my RCD-1072 i have been looking for a new cd player.On a whim and after reading other threads I decieded to give the Sony PS1 SCPH 1001 a twirl.So I ordered one off of ebay and all I can say is this 20 dollar player is simply amazing.It blows my current denon cd player out of the water.Is it better than the 1072?All I can say is there is a difference.The ps1 is more smooth and just makes listening for hours on end enjoyable.It does not have the super clarity the 1072 has but what it does exibit goes beyond that.I may never buy another cd player.
          This is only my opinion and yours may differ.
          $20.00 is a good deal - i can only find it for $60. There is an affordable upgrade available out there that builds on the analogue sound.

Comment

• Opus007
            • Nov 2007

Originally posted by maxwebster
            $20.00 is a good deal - i can only find it for $60. There is an affordable upgrade available out there that builds on the analogue sound.
            I just bought a second one on ebay for 34.00 with free shipping for a backup.It is ussually listed as "SONY PLAYSTATION 1 PS1 AUDIOPHILE SYSTEM SCPH-1001"
            There is a post in another forum with over 200 pages on how to mod it but I am very happy with how it sounds without any mods.Only mod I did was buy a better power cord.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"