X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mikael
    • Aug 2007

Rotel news at CES?

Hi guys

Do any of you who are at CES have any news and pictures from the B&W group stand of Rotel products? Looking for news about the RSP 1580?
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

At the airport now on my way. I'm sure the press releases will come out before I get there.

I know the internet tuner and integrated system have been pushed back to February.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Kreyfish
      • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Kevin D
      At the airport now on my way. I'm sure the press releases will come out before I get there.

I know the internet tuner and integrated system have been pushed back to February.

Kevin D.
      I know you probably haven't got settled yet, but any updates so far Kevin?
      It is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission...

Comment

• Kevin D
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Oct 2002

Only showing B&W at the show. Going to the suite tomorrow.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Dmantis
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Jun 2004

I'm bummed out , we didn't get to go this year.

Comment

• Kevin D
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Oct 2002

Internet tuner and integrated stereo piece still looking good for February.

1580 is ready to go as soon as the internet radio stuff is good, but with HDMI 1.4 coming down the line it may not release until after that is integrated.

That is all.

Kevin D.

Comment

• annakova
              • Feb 2009

Do you mean the RDG-1520? I'm still eagerly waiting for that with its internet tuner and streaming capability.

I'm still not clear whether the 1520 will have the Windows Media Player running inside of it or whether Windows Media Player will have to be running on a different network device and serving up music from there. If the latter, can any server software be used or will it have to be Windows Media Player?

It would sure be nice to see the 1520 have the ability where one can simply plug in a USB external drive (including thumb drives) that has music files on it and be able to use the Rotel remote to select the files to play. The new SqueezeBox Touch (by Logitech) is supposed to have that capability, but it has been delayed by several months too. It is evidently difficult to get the user interface right and reliable for these things.

Looking forward...

Anna

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"