X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • seteven100
    • May 2009

RB-1080 has a buzz on the left channel

yes it does.

i know its the power amp because if i turn the power amp on it buzzes then if i turn the pre amp off , it stills buzzes.

what could this be? it is a relativity soft buzz but still anoying

anyone know what this could be? and how much would it cost to get fixed? i live in australia.

thanks
  • seteven100
    • May 2009

oh, this is the first time it buzzes, ive had it for years without a buzz

Comment

• Glen B
      Super Senior Member
      • Jul 2004

Does the amp buzz with nothing connected to the inputs ? Could be a failing main filter cap on the left channel.

Comment

• seteven100
        • May 2009

hey, for some reason there is no buzz anymore, i haven't disconnected anything from the wall, everything is the same. wonder what this means?

Comment

• Glen B
          Super Senior Member
          • Jul 2004

If you turned the preamp off and still had the buzz in the one channel, one possibility could be a loose fitting interconnect. Check your IC between the preamp and amp. If the outer sleeve of an RCA plug is not making firm contact with the socket, that might cause a buzz or hum. You provided little information, so just clutching at straws here. If the buzz does not return, be thankful and don't lose sleep over it.

Comment

• seteven100
            • May 2009

Thanks Glen B

Comment

• seteven100
              • May 2009

hey me again

for some reason my Rb-1080 had a buzz again. i pulled the RCA inputs out and plugged them back in, it stopped buzzing.

anyone know whats happening here?

cool
              cheers

Comment

• Glen B
                Super Senior Member
                • Jul 2004

Wiggle the interconnects and see if the buzz returns. Make sure the outer leaves of the RCA jacks fit tight around the sockets -- pinch them inward slightly if needed. Also try a different pair of cables. Again, it could be bad or improperly fitting interconnect.

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"