X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bigburner
    Super Senior Member
    • May 2005

Rotel Michi power amp RHB 10

Anyone know anything about this little beast?

Fyi, NZ$1.00 = US$0.75

Nigel.
    Attached Files
  • JDH
    • Sep 2004

I've listerned to this amp at a friends place in Melbourne a couple of years ago, top notch sound and build quality, probably similar or better than the RB-1090 in terms of sound quality however built better then the RB-1090. The also made a matching active and passive 2ch pre-amp and smaller 2ch amp.

JDH.
    Bits of HT & 2ch Stuff: Rotel, Pro-ject, Oppo, Bel Canto, Elektra Audio, Benchmark, Panasonic, DSPeaker, Epson, Slim Devices, Belkin, Philips Pronto, Harmony, URC, Sennheisser, AKG, HTPC under development, KEF, Whatmough, Definitive Technology & Pardigm Signiture speakers

Comment

• wkhanna
      Grumpy Old Super Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2006

Based only on what I have read in the past, a V nice amp in its day. Still a respectable unit today, however aging capacitors would be on the list for replacement. Possibly a collectable piece for someone wanting recreate a system made up of this early series of components that brought Rotel’s name into the list of Mid to HiFi audio equipment manufactures.

At the current price of over $4500 US, my personal opinion would make that amount well over $3000 US more than its true value.
      As always, JMHO, YMMV
      _

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob
      ....just an "ON" switch, Please!

FinleyAudio

Comment

• obiwan
        • Jul 2005

Nice amp, I have one, but no way is it worth the dollars they're asking. When I got mine in early 90's, the list price was 4000 Australian, and I bought the demo one for 2700. I reckon now, price should be around 500, maybe 1000 tops.

Comment

• toeknee2
          • May 2011

Obiwan you are in luck if you own one of these. They are very rare and still considered to be the best amp Rotel have ever made. The build quality and sound quality is second to none.
          I have seen only a couple of these get moved on second hand and both for $1500+. You should apprieciate what you have a little more, its worth good money (and so it should be).
          On the specs they have a spl of 130db! Holy crap! The 1090 has a spl of 125db!

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"