X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kevsmith
    • Jan 2009

Is The Rotel Rdv-1062 Anygood ? Cant Find Much Info About It Anywhere

I cant seem to find much information about the RDV-1062 anywhere no reviews with little mention of it on here either.
  • Audio_ElF
    • Oct 2007

IIRC the RDV-1062 was the predecessor to the RDV-1067 and sister to the RSP-1066 processor. I had the processor ad found it a very good piece of kit for both surround and two channel though I suspect for HOme Theatre it would be beaten by modern recievers which process the HD audio formats. I would think for 2 channel / music use it would hold up very well.

Hope this helps a little.

Eloise

Okay I'm talking rubish ... The RDV prefix means it's a DVD player not a recievet ad the predecessor to the RSX1067 was the RSX1065. Please forgive me due to the lateness of the hour. I've never owned any Rotel DVD player so can comment on them.

Comment

• Kevin D
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Oct 2002

The RDV-1062 bis a DVD player, not a pre-amp/receiver.

It's not sold in the states, so I can't give you any first-hand experience. I'm not sure how much it goes for, but you would probably have better luck with a new blu-ray player.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Audio_ElF
        • Oct 2007

Yes I feel very foolish ...

Comment

• bigburner
          Super Senior Member
          • May 2005

As an owner of a Rotel amp, preamp, CD player, and headphones I think I qualify as a Rotel supporter. However I wouldn't consider buying a Rotel DVD player as I don't think it's their strong suit and there is much better value to be had out there than Rotel, e.g. OPPO.

The only reason that I would buy a Rotel DVD player was if I wanted an all-Rotel rack of gear for appearance purposes.

Rotel DVD owners, feel free to chastise me...

Nigel.

Comment

• Nolan B
            Super Senior Member
            • Sep 2005

The ONLY reason I would but a Rotel DVD player is if you only wanted it to match your other Rotel components. If you want something that actually performs well and delivers on what you pay then get an Oppo.

Comment

• kevsmith
              • Jan 2009

I'm after something that can double up as a good CD player as well though, somthing the Oppo doesnt offer.

Comment

• bnieman
                • Jun 2006

Kev,
                I once had a RDV-1080 and the CD sound was excellent but it could not play CD-Rs... I sold it and bought a Pioneer Elite DV-79AVi and the sound is just as good.

I have no experience with the other Rotel DVD players, but I am sure they sound great with CDs too. At this point in time I wouldn't pay more than $350 for one though... you may even consider getting a Rotel RCD-1072 which has said to be an even better CD player than the DVD/CD combos and buy a Blu-Ray player to do DVD and Blu-Ray.

Just a thought.

Bryan
                Guide: Ripping DVD-Audio Discs (DVD-A) to FLAC in Windows

Comment

• kevsmith
                  • Jan 2009

Finding second hand Rotel DVD/CD players is quite hard in th UK. Other models I'm also considering if I'm able to find any is the Marantz DV9500/9600, Denon 3939,Arcam DV137, Pioneer DV-LX50, again apart from the Pioneer the others rarely pop up for sale on the second hand market.

Comment

• bnieman
                    • Jun 2006

Kev,

What do you have a for a preamp/processor? Does it have digital input (Optical or Coax)? If it's a Rotel I would recommend buying any old old cheap CD player with digital output since it merely acts as a transport and let your preamp/processor do the job of decoding the music.

My RSP-1068 does a great job, I am hard pressed to hear a difference between my CD player via analog out and digital out.

Cheers!
                    Bryan

Comment

• kevsmith
                      • Jan 2009

Currently I have no amp, I was considering Rotels RSX-1560 or 1550 but considering that I dont need HDMI for TrueHD I'am also considering either the RSX-1067 or maybe even a RSP-1098 with a 1095 power amp. Its not just audio CD playback i'm after though I want it to sound good for movies as well.

Plus I couldnt stand to see any cheap CD player standing next to any of the above mentioned Rotels it just would'nt look right :E

Comment

• bnieman
                        • Jun 2006

Kev,

Again though the the audio quality will be exactly the same between a $50 DVD player and a $1,000 DVD player using the digital audio connection. Video quality is another thing completely though... I would not recommend a $50 DVD player in that case.

If you are interested I am selling a RMB-1095 and RSP-1068 together for $2050 on Audiogon because I would like to upgrade to a HDMI receiver with new surround format capabilities. Send me a private message if you are interested.

Comment

• kevsmith
                          • Jan 2009

I live in the UK so posting them would be to costly. Not only that theres the voltage differences and the import duty to consider. It just wouldnt be worth it in the end thanks for the offer though.

Comment

Working...
                          Searching...Please wait.
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                          Search Result for "|||"