X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gerardo campos
    • Nov 2008

rsx 1057 upgrade

Hi guys

I have a Rotel Rsx 1057 and i am buying a B&W 703. I dont know if it is going to work well with the 1057 or do i need to buy the Rmb 1095.

Do you think that is good choice to adquire the 1095? i used for music and for movies.

Thanks for the advise.
  • htsteve
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2004

Originally posted by gerardo campos
    Hi guys

I have a Rotel Rsx 1057 and i am buying a B&W 703. I dont know if it is going to work well with the 1057 or do i need to buy the Rmb 1095.

Do you think that is good choice to adquire the 1095? i used for music and for movies.

Thanks for the advise.

gerardo,

The 1095 is a very good amp. I had one at one point. I ultimately obtained N804's and it drove them very nicely (along with an HTM1 and 705's). Also, by getting an outboard amp, you eventually can replace the 1057 with a dedicated pre-amp. Going to separates is a big step up in performance and is cheaper in the long run.

Your 1057 should run the 703's nicely, but the 1095 will make everthing better. It has lots of power.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by htsteve; 25 November 2008, 08:19 Tuesday.

Comment

• Ken49r
      • Dec 2007

My dealer told me the 700 series is going away soon. He has already taken them out of the showroom. Just curious if you are planning to match the 703 with other speakers from that series for HT or if that is not a concern for you?
      The upgraded CM series is replacing the 700's.

The RSX-1057 will drive the 703's but not as well as the RMB-1095. If you push the 703 to high volume using 75w with the RSX-1057 you run the risk of clipping.

Quote from UltimateAVmag.com
      When it comes to power, the Rotel just doesn't make enough of it for me and my system. It's not that it won't go loud, it will after a fashion, at least to the point that everyone would agree it should be turned down. But you should be cautious with your speaker selection when you have only 75-Watts on tap, even 75 Rotel watts. My room is large, my speakers a bit too demanding perhaps, but my listening level requirements aren't ludicrous. Still, time and time again, I'd put on a CD, start cranking it up and notice distortion as the amp clipped.

Comment

• gerardo campos
        • Nov 2008

Thanks for your comments, I decide to buy the 1095, keeping my 1057 and in the future replace it with a dedicated pre-amp, but know I have the next thoughts:

1)To buy B&W 805s or the 703, the center channel that I have is from the series 600 ( CC6 S2) but in the future I can change it to the series that match with the front speakers.

2) For the rears I have the 601, can this speaker can work well with the 805 or the 703? I have too the LM1 so I can used for rears instead of the 601.

I have a subwoofer velodyne dls- 4000, the place where is the HT is beside the living room so is an open place.

Thanks again for your advice.

Comment

• Alex999
          • Jun 2006

Thanks for your comments, I decide to buy the 1095, keeping my 1057 and in the future replace it with a dedicated pre-amp, but know I have the next thoughts:

1)To buy B&W 805s or the 703, the center channel that I have is from the series 600 ( CC6 S2) but in the future I can change it to the series that match with the front speakers.

2) For the rears I have right know the 601.Can this speaker can work well with the 805 or the 703? I have too the LM1 so I can used for rears instead of the 601.

I have a subwoofer velodyne dls- 4000, the place where is the HT is beside the living room so is an open place.

I ended up purchasing 805S. IMHO they sound much better than 703. I'm in love with 805S ;x( However, I listen to jazz and classical music. I'd get 703 if you prefer Rock n' roll. I also think you should take your favorite CDs and audition both sets of speakers. Good luck :T

Comment

• htsteve
            Super Senior Member
            • Sep 2004

2) For the rears I have the 601, can this speaker can work well with the 805 or the 703? I have too the LM1 so I can used for rears instead of the 601.

Gerardo,

Excellent choice on getting the 1095. You will enjoy that amp.

As to 805S vs. 703 decision, that is a tough one. I generally like towers as my main speakers. But the refinement of the 805S's is superb. The 800 series is very good. I had P5's at one point (predecessor to the 700 towers). I upgraded to an N804. Big jump in performance. You also have a sub to handle low end if you decide to get the 805S's,

Alex's suggestion is the best. Take your most familiar CD's and audition both choices. I also have another idea for you that would be the best of both worlds:

Yes, you can keep your center channel for now and upgrade later. That's how many have done it.

601's or LM1's will be good for rear speakers. I've had both. Both work well, but I give the 601's a bit of an edge overall.

Hope this helps.

Comment

• Ken49r
              • Dec 2007

I had a choice between 703 and 805s when upgrading my 704. I went with the 805's.

When you listen to the 703 I would also hear the HTM7 with it in HT and multichannel music setup to see if you are OK with the sound. Some 703 owners prefer a 800 series center speaker with the 703 because the HTM7 is not a 3 way and is missing the FST mid range the 703 has. Others are very happy with the HTM7 / 703 combo.

I also have the RMB-1095 and love it! Using your RSX-1057 as a Preamp w/ the 1095 is a good choice.

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"