X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stereo.frog
    • Jan 2003

Two questions:

1 - Does this hardware hack (cap. cut) apply to the 1055 AVR as well?

2 - Is Rotel going to sell new 1066 & 1055 units with this fix already applied?

Thanks.

Comment

• Legairre
      • Jan 2002

Maybe it's just me, but wouldn't performing this BM fix ourselves void our warrantees? Then again Rotel seems to be pretty cool about things so they might not care.

"What do you mean it's too loud? My ears aren't even bleeding yet!"
      Radden Home Theater
      "What do you mean it's too loud? My ears aren't even bleeding yet!"
      Radden Home Theater

Comment

• JKohn
        • Jun 2002

Maybe it's just me, but wouldn't performing this BM fix ourselves void our warrantees? Then again Rotel seems to be pretty cool about things so they might not care.
        When I talked to Rotel about this, they indicated that applying the fix yourself will not void your warranty. However, it should be noted that if you attempt the fix and manage to screw your unit up, Rotel will not be responsible for that under the warranty.

Jeff Kohn
        Jeff Kohn
        http://home.houston.rr.com/jeffkohn

Comment

• Mark_C.
          • Jan 2003

And I take it that those of us with satellite-sub systems need not make any modifications, be it firmware or cutting capacitors?

Comment

• vfrjim
            • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Mark_C.
            And I take it that those of us with satellite-sub systems need not make any modifications, be it firmware or cutting capacitors?
            This mod is for people that are using the analog inputs for DVD Audio and SACD, especially if you are using a external bass management device so it will work correctly.

Jim

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2000

Steve Lauren was born on saturday night (april 5th) and I started a thread about the event in Club Rotel

I could get the info later today and as soon as I do I'll post it in Club Rotel

Comment

• spiffnme
                • Apr 2003

I plan on purchasing a 1066 very soon, but this whole bass management issue has me a bit confused.

What exactly is the issue? It's also been said that this isn't/won't be an issue for all users.

I'll be using my DVD/DVD-A player with my Axiom speakers and a Hsu VTF-2 subwoofer. Will this issue effect me? (my speakers are set to "small" as they are not full range)

If someone could recap this issue in detail, and explain the fix, I'd appreciate it. I'll print out your explanation and bring it with me to my local Rotel dealer. When I asked him about it yesterday, he said he wasn't aware of an issue - and that he'd call his rep.

Thanks

www.funnyfarmcomics.net
                All Daredevil, All the Time!

Comment

• sdecker
                  • Jun 2002

The only issue now is regarding the multi channel inputs. All other BM works as its supposed to with the newest firmware(1.49 or 2.25).

There is a ton of info about the 1055/1066 bass management in this thread and others.

Earle

Comment

• Mark_C.
                    • Jan 2003

The only problem is that this issue is so buried and confusing that simple answers seem impossible.
                    So, for those of us with sub-sat systems and no firmware upgrades: if we intend to use the multi-channel inputs for either DVD-A or multi-channel SACD, do we even care about this? That is one of the key questions that never gets answered in a simple, straightforward manner.

Comment

• Kevin D
                      Ultra Senior Member
                      • Oct 2002

Mark,

Unfortunately, the answers are not simple and yes they are confusing.. As far as being buried, if you check the first post in this thread that you are talking in, Dre J posts links to very detailed and easy to follow problems that the 1066 has (had).

With the latest firmware upgrade, everything is fixed except for the problems associated with the multi-inputs. But there will be a fix posted for that (albeit a more complicated one).

Now, for those of you with sub-sat systems and no plans of updating your firmware, should you care? Nobody can answer that but you! Until you experiement and understand what the problem is, you will have no idea if it bothers you or not.

I personally think my system sounds better with the subwoofer set to MAX all the time, meaning I'm forcing the bass management 'problem' upon myself, but it just sounds better to me.. Dre J could come over to my house and be sickened by the way it sounds, but I really don't care..

I'm not sure if you have the 1066 now or not, but if you do and you enjoy the sound, then no you shouldn't be concerned with the updates..

Kevin D.

Comment

• JKohn
                        • Jun 2002

People with sub-sat systems are likely to be the least affected by this, because the fact that the bass is being sent to both your mains and your sub isn't going to matter so much if your satellite speakers can't play the low bass anyway.

The people most affected are those with capable mains (ie, towers or bookshelves with good bass extension), or people who want to use external bass manage such as the ICBM or whatever bass capabilities they player you're using has.

Jeff Kohn
                        Jeff Kohn
                        http://home.houston.rr.com/jeffkohn

Comment

• Mike Hayes
                          • Mar 2003

Hello everyone:

Is there any bass management problem to worry about for those of us setting all speakers to small, crossing over at 80Hz, and with bookshelf sized speakers that play down to around 50Hz? I basically use these settings for 2 channel and HT. Do I have anything to worry about with either the 1055 or 1066?

Comment

• LaurentG
                            • Apr 2003

Hello

I am very interesting by this question relative to the bass management.
                            It seems that the bass management is correctly bypassed on the 6.1 input for certain of you (AlvaroD for example). I would like to know if someone in Europe has noticed the "double-bass" on the 6.1 input ?
                            Do you think it is possible that the US model and the EU model are different on this point ?
                            Do you think there could be a difference between model version 1.xx and model version 2.xx ?

As soon as I have the possibility to upgrade my firmware, I will give my report. At the moment, I need the special cable.

Laurent

Comment

• hanser
                              • May 2002

I have firmware 1.37 and live in Germany. I have the bass doubling on the 5.1. inputs.

Comment

Working...
                              Searching...Please wait.
                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                              There are no results that meet this criteria.
                              Search Result for "|||"