X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Roteller
    • Nov 2007

Surround Speakers

Hi, I am currently running an RB 1090 for my fronts and a 1095 for the centers and rears all through an RSP 1066. The problem I am having is when I listen to dvd music the rear speakers are very faint or the fronts are very loud. The rears are much closer to my listening area than the fronts but are still so much more faint. My fronts have built in subs and I have them set to mid. Is there any way of balancing the sound so it has a more "Surround Sound". Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks
  • Henk
    • Jun 2003

Best way to start (assuming you have not done so already) is to set the respective speakers' sound level using a SPL meter. Its very difficult to calibrate the levels correctly by just listening to music or even pink noise.

Comment

• H.T.C
      • Nov 2003

You could get a calibration disc like video essential's or avia to adjust surround channels or stereophiles magazine sound disc and the absolute sound publication has one too.
      Robert

Comment

• Roteller
        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Henk
        Best way to start (assuming you have not done so already) is to set the respective speakers' sound level using a SPL meter. Its very difficult to calibrate the levels correctly by just listening to music or even pink noise.
        Thanks for the response, where would I get an SPL meter? and how difficult are they to use.

Comment

• Roteller
          • Nov 2007

Originally posted by H.T.C
          You could get a calibration disc like video essential's or avia to adjust surround channels or stereophiles magazine sound disc and the absolute sound publication has one too.
          Thank you for your response.Where do I purchase these disks ? Can you buy them at a music store.

Comment

• H.T.C
            • Nov 2003

They can be ordered at videoessentials.com (there are different versions available) or musicdirect.com which has the stereophile editors choice sound test cd.

Bestbuys or circuit city may have the calibration dvd but you still need a mic to adjust.Radio shack sells them.
            Robert

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"