How should I connect my DVD to receiver?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Alex Tang
    • Feb 2008

How should I connect my DVD to receiver?

I just bought a set of used RDV-1080 DVD player and RSX 1055 receiver. For the audio part, I can connect them through digital (toslink or coaxial) or analog. In the manual, it suggest to connect through digital, and switch to the analog for DVD-Audio. My question is, if I am connecting through digital, I am using the encoder on my receiver. If it is recommended, does that mean the encoder of the receiver is better than the DVD player? Or should I use the DVD player encoder and connect through analog?

Thanks.
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

I would think the DAC in the 1055 should be better, plus I would rather have it decoding the Dolby and DTS tracks.

For DVD-Audio, you must use the 5.1 analog outputs in order to get the full resolution. The 1055 cannot decode DVDA over a digital connection.

So if you don't want to use DVDA, digital is fine. If you do, you will have to run both.

Kevin D.

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"