X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cb2005
    • Mar 2005

Rotel-rmb1095

I have the rotel rmb-1095 amp and the rotel rsp-1098 processor, and
    I want to know what I can do to eliminate the humming noise that is coming out my speakers, one suggestion was to try to plug the amp directly into the outlet and not into the surge protector, haven't tried it yet to see if it works. If anyone has had a similar experience and was able to eliminate the humming noise, please let me know.
    Thanks
  • Fishy
    • Jul 2004

Its a ground circuit hum. Its worth doing a search on this, as there's a couple of options that can be tried.

Fish

Comment

• cb2005
      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Fishy
      Its a ground circuit hum. Its worth doing a search on this, as there's a couple of options that can be tried.

Fish
      I've been doing research on it and it sound like I have a ground loop problem, I just need to isolate it, not sure what can be done a bout it. I'm goin to try unplugging the sub first to see if that is the problem. There are quite a few cables as you know connecting the speakers to the amp and the audio cables connecting the amp to the preamp, dvd connected to the preamp, cd player connected to the preamp, and sub connected to the preamp. I can't move the amp and preamp apart from one another not enough room, I'm just looking for a way to isolate and fix the problem. Any help would be appreciated, thanks again.

Comment

• PewterTA
        • Nov 2004

Removed the Coax cable from your HD box, TV or wherever it's connected to (the cable from your cable/sat. provider). I bet that will elimate the hum.

You're probably getting a ground loop from that connection. In which case you need to run it through an isolator so that it doesn't cause the problem. Anything power surge/protector/isolater that has a cable connection should do it.
        Digital Audio makes me Happy.
        -Dan

Comment

• cb2005
          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by PewterTA
          Removed the Coax cable from your HD box, TV or wherever it's connected to (the cable from your cable/sat. provider). I bet that will elimate the hum.

You're probably getting a ground loop from that connection. In which case you need to run it through an isolator so that it doesn't cause the problem. Anything power surge/protector/isolater that has a cable connection should do it.
          i'll try disconnecting the cable to the tv and i will also try unplugging the sub and see what happens, but the cable is screwed into a surge protector and then screwed from the surge protector into the tv. And the audio equipment is not next to the tv but across from it about 6ft.

Comment

• Kevin D
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Oct 2002

What you have to get in mind is that anything connected to any part of the system or anything even plugged into one of the same circuits as anything plugged into your system, could give you the ground loop hum.

The cable feed and the sub wire (with sub plugged across the room into a different circuit) are the typical problems. Just keep in mind the problem item may not be directly connected to the 1098.

Kevin D.

Comment

• cb2005
              • Mar 2005

Ground loop

Originally posted by Kevin D
              What you have to get in mind is that anything connected to any part of the system or anything even plugged into one of the same circuits as anything plugged into your system, could give you the ground loop hum.

The cable feed and the sub wire (with sub plugged across the room into a different circuit) are the typical problems. Just keep in mind the problem item may not be directly connected to the 1098.

Kevin D.
              Thanks Kevin and everyone else for their help, the problem is wiht the cable that is plugged into the wall for comcast, I need to get a filter for it hope it helps, if not then what i need to do when i watch movies or listen to music is disconnect the cable, thanks again everyone for helping me solve my issue, this is a great sight to get answers, I love my rotel gear!

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"