X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sonnie Parker
    • Jan 2002

Best price for Rotel RSP-1066

Just wanted to post this in case I'm missing out.

As always when I contemplate purchasing new equipment I like to shop around. Who doesn't want the best possible deal, right?

I've had a few folks tell me it's a good deal but who knows, as many people as I've seen purchasing this unit of late, there may be a better one out there. I'll have to purchase out of area because there are no dealers close by.

Currently I've been quoted $1200 shipped.

SONNIE

Cedar Creek Cinema

DVD Collection

BFD Comprehensive Setup Guide
  • efarstad
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jun 2001

I paid $1325 shipped from Canada...so you've got me beat by 125 bucks!

I went to Canada because my local dealer would not budge on list of $1500!!!

Sounds groovy to me! 8)

E

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
    E-Cinema

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
    E-Cinema

Comment

• Sonnie Parker
      • Jan 2002

Next time you get ready to buy something E, let me know....that is if you wanna try and save some money. I'm a big shopper for price. I don't mind calling the dealers and searching the net until I find the bestest price.

I must be close on this one. I mentioned to one dealer I had a price of $1200 and he said the dealer that quoted me that price was not making very much....."chump change" he said. Of course, who knows if he was honest or not.

SONNIE

Cedar Creek Cinema

DVD Collection

Comment

• efarstad
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jun 2001

I'm like you Sonnie, price chaser! But will be happy to take you up on your offer the next time I do anything...my next one: FRONT PROJECTION!

The thing with Rotel is that most dealers will not sell you something and ship it to you if you have a dealer in your area, that's why I had to go to Canada to get mine! If you don't have a dealer in your area, then your lucky, cause you can shop them better! KEWL! 8)

E

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
        E-Cinema

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
        E-Cinema

Comment

• Karl Englebright
          • Jun 2002

Erik,

Where in Canada did you get your 1066? After my prior conversations with both Rotel dealers in Portland, I'm getting the feeling that they will not go down much from list price.

BTW, I wish I could have made it "up" there for your 1066/950 shootout. Only if I could have skipped work... :LOL:

Comment

• Sonnie Parker
            • Jan 2002

For the record....

I had an e-mail asking about where I got the price quote at.

The store is Hoyt's Stereo, Inc. out of Jacksonville, Florida.

Phone 1-800-270-9002 (Ask for Robert)

Keep in mind that Rotel is not crazy about their dealers selling over the Internet and cutting dealers throats when their are dealers close to you. The Rotel dealers around me are all about the same distance from me....so I have the advantage of shopping around.

Also, being within the 1 day UPS ground zone from this dealer (only a few hours away), the cost of shipping to me (insured) is less than $15, thus making the price essentially be $1185 + $15 shipping. If you live several states away he may add a little more for shipping. I don't know this for sure but it's possible. He may very well still do $1200 shipped anywhere, I didn't ask.

He is aware that I am waiting to sell my Sony before I make a move and am in no big hurry to buy. He may be out of stock by the time you call because he has had several calls already, but stated he would have another shipment in by end of month, which is only a week or so.

If anyone does order from this dealer and has a problem, please let me know, as I'm planning on ordering from him at some point in time. (That is if I indeed decide definitley to go with the Rotel unit.)

SONNIE

Cedar Creek Cinema

DVD Collection

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2000

Karl Eriks Rotel came from me in Winnipeg.

Comment

• efarstad
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Jun 2001

Thanks Andrew, you beet me to the punch! Yep, Karl my Canadian buddy hooked me up!

E

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
                E-Cinema

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
                E-Cinema

Comment

• Legairre
                  • Jan 2002

I got mine for $1275. The dealers I use offers 15% of anything in the store and offers a 30 day money back return policy.

"What do you mean it's too loud? My ears aren't even bleeding yet!"
                  Radden Home Theater
                  "What do you mean it's too loud? My ears aren't even bleeding yet!"
                  Radden Home Theater

Comment

• Lex
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Apr 2001

Doug
                    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"