X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Eddy
    • Feb 2007

RB-1092-1091 class D amplifier

I own an RB-1092-1091 class D amplifier I recently blew the tweeters, four resistors and two vairable control pods in both my 3A Vandersteen speakers. Is there a problem with these power switching (ICEpower) amplifiers in the high frequency filters.
    Pre amp: rotel RSP-1068
    DVD, SACD, CD player Onkyo SP800
    Last edited by Eddy; 20 February 2007, 18:25 Tuesday.
  • sirbogey
    • Mar 2006

ooops, that's bad news, really really sorry to hear that. I hope somebody can share their experiences and help you out!

Comment

• Eddy
      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by sirbogey
      ooops, that's bad news, really really sorry to hear that. I hope somebody can share their experiences and help you out!

Thank's

Comment

• Ferres
        • Jan 2007

Can you expand on the other gear , like the pre-amp?

Comment

• Kevin D
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Oct 2002

You blew it all at the same time? There wasn't spike source problem? There's no issues that I've ever heard of or seen with the ICE amps.

I see the recommended power for them is 100 to 200 watts. How loud did you have it when they blew.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Eddy
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Kevin D
            You blew it all at the same time? There wasn't spike source problem? There's no issues that I've ever heard of or seen with the ICE amps.

I see the recommended power for them is 100 to 200 watts. How loud did you have it when they blew.

Kevin D.
            Kevin. I don't play my music loud I think what's happened to the speakers is I tried to install an old bass extender in line with my pre amp and power amp, which apparently was faulty causing a capacitor discharge through my speakers via the amplifier, but the Vandersteen service technician and sales person advised me that the fault was caused by the amplifier Rotel RB-1092, rather than a surge discharge. This is why I am trying to find out if there are any issues with these amplifiers. He also placed the amp on a scope, connected an 8 ohm resistor between the speaker terminals of the amplifier and recieved a 3 volt reading at 400,000Hz.

Comment

• Wardo
              • May 2006

[ He also placed the amp on a scope, connected an 8 ohm resistor between the speaker terminals of the amplifier and recieved a 3 volt reading at 400,000Hz.[/QUOTE]

What does that mean????????

Eddie

Comment

• Eddy
                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Wardo
                [ He also placed the amp on a scope, connected an 8 ohm resistor between the speaker terminals of the amplifier and recieved a 3 volt reading at 400,000Hz.

What does that mean????????

Eddie[/QUOTE]

Perhaps it dosn't mean anything!!!

but I'm concerned about wether the frequency would exceed 20k in such levels to destroy these tweeters, and are the filters suitable enough to prevent this

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"