X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blaznee
    • Sep 2006

2 odd problems with RSX-1057

I hope you guys can help me out here.. I'm not too sure if it's my Rotel that is being a bitch, or if it's my DVD player - A Marantz DV-6600..

Anyways.. Playing cd's.. I want to use the Rotel's 2ch mode for this, but I also want to use my sub when playing 2ch.. I checked the manual, and it says I can switch between processed and analog bypass modes. In analog bypass it won't send a signal to the sub.. But when I press the 2 ch button it only displays "PCM 2CH", no matter how many times I push the button.. Is this analog bypass mode? Or is it processed mode?
    The dvd is connected to the Rotel with an optical cable and a HDMI cable.. Settings on the dvd has HDMI audio to "off" and the rest is set to "bitstream".. But there really isn't one for just "cd's".. It's DD, DTS and MPEG formats..
    I checked the setup on the Rotel, and the sub is enabled correctly everywhere..

Second problem.. And somewhat touched upon in the first one :-).. I really want to play sound via the HDMI link, but for some reason the Rotel doesn't seem to think the HDMI supplies a bitstream signal, so all I get is Pro-logic 2 and DTS:Neo modes.. It doesn't matter how I set up the dvd player, the Rotel insists on no bitstream signal.. So now I run audio via an optical link.. Any ideas? Yes, HDMI version is 1.1 on the dvd as well..

Any help is much appreciated..

/Jesper
  • Clepto
    • Feb 2006

I'm pretty sure that the current Rotel HDMI jacks are video only... (1.0?) Don't quote me on that, but I think it's the case...

Comment

• ICEMAN70
      • Apr 2006

The way i have my 1057 connected to the RDV 1040 is optical for movies and analog for CD's. I have both connections hooked up to the DVD player. So when i play CD's it is from the analog output( L & R). With this setup everything works as it should. Do you have analog connections on the DVD player? If you do i would hook them up to the L & R analog CD on the 1057.

And the HDMI is only for Video on the 1057.

Comment

• Kevin D
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Oct 2002

Iceman is correct, unless the input is set to ANALOG and you have analog connections hooked up, you won't get the BYPASS option. Like Iceman I would run a separate set of analog cables from the dvd to the CD input, set the CD input to analog, and this will give you the processed stereo or stereo bypass modes for CD's.

And yes, the 1057 is HDMI switching only. No audio support or video overlay support.

Kevin D.

Comment

• blaznee
          • Sep 2006

Thanks for the feedback.. I'll dig through my stuff and find an old audio cable to try it out

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"