• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • qtybry
    • Aug 2006

interconnection n speaker cables for rotel

hello

my set up bw 603 with RB-1080 RC-1070 cd-1072

im thinking of getting ixos xha606 interconnect and ixos speaker cables are the cables the best for my set up?

any suggetions and comments? thanx!
  • Aussie Geoff
    Super Senior Member
    • Oct 2003

Qtybry,

Those cables will be fine. Make sure you bi-wire the sepakers - B&W recmmend wi-wring and the RB-1080 supports it. You may also want to conaisder forum sponsor www.catcables.com see the forum here with some users experiences. I have both IXOS and Catcable and like my Catcables much better. Especially consider their Silver Cats or King Cats for the CD to pre-amp and pre-amp to Power amp connection.

Geoff

Comment

• miner
      • Mar 2005

I concur with the Catcables recommendation. Lex (Doug) is very helpful & knowledgable, plus they are great value for the $$.

Comment

• qtybry
        • Aug 2006

ok ill ckeck them out thanx!!!

Comment

• nash
          • Mar 2004

I like Catcables, too.

Comment

• lvhung
            • Jun 2005

I will order Cat I/C in a set of five in near future

Comment

• Lex
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Apr 2001

We have some new images of our speaker cables to get uploaded to my new site (which is at temporary location during development). I'll try to do that this weekend and give you the location of the images then.

Thanks guys for the kind words.
              Doug
              CATCables.com
              Doug
              "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Lex
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Apr 2001

There are NOW at least more current images representing what our speaker cable product looks like today than on the actual CAT site. Visit www.katkables.com
                Doug
                "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• classicman
                  • Jul 2006

Originally posted by qtybry
                  hello

my set up bw 603 with RB-1080 RC-1070 cd-1072

im thinking of getting ixos xha606 interconnect and ixos speaker cables are the cables the best for my set up?

any suggetions and comments? thanx!
                  you may also like to consider Analysis Plus Oval One Interconnects, am using them for my Rotel RMB-1075 - Yamaha HTR-5860 - Rotel RCD-1072 combination & they're giving me great results...... 8)

Comment

• Clepto
                    • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Aussie Geoff
                    Those cables will be fine. Make sure you bi-wire the sepakers - B&W recmmend wi-wring and the RB-1080 supports it. You may also want to conaisder forum sponsor
                    For the 600 series, B&W doesn't 'recommend' bi-wiring. The manual does state that bi-wiring 'can' improve low level detail, for whatever that's worth... But I'll be damned if anyone would be able to tell in a blind test.

The 800 series manuals are a bit more biased in favor of bi-wiring though...

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"