X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tiptel73
    • Mar 2004

Help

I want to buy ROTEL AV RSp-1066 and RMB-1066 or RA-1070. I do not which of them. I would lkie to have a good stereo. Will be the same? What about THD ans S/N Ratio IHF. Can I hear the difference? How big it is? Mayby this is the same system or very similar. Please help me. Thank you.
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

Welcome Tiptel

I'm a little confused about what you're looking for. Do you want a Stereo only system? Or a 5.1 system that could also play stereo? Just for your information too, the 1066 has been discontinued and replaced with the 1068 unless you're planning to buy used. Otherwise the RB-1070 is only a 2-channel amplifier will not allow you to play 5.1 soundtracks where as the RMB-1066 is a 6-channel amp allowing you to utilize 6.1 decoding or bi-amp or bridge 3-channels but likley wouldn't perform as well in pure stereo listening. (I would recommend bi-amping over bridging). If you want/need only a 2-channel system you'll be best off with the RB-1070 and either the RC-1070 or RC-1090 stereo pre-amps. Or the RX-1060 stereo receiver. Otherwise if you can purchase an RSP-1066 (or 1068 ) and a RMB-1066 and a RB-1070 you could power your mains with the RB-1070 and bi-amp your centre and surrounds with the RMB-1066 and have the best of both worlds.

Hope that was helpful

Jason

Need a new display? Questions about new display technologies? Visit RPTVs, plasmas, and other monitors @ HTguide
    Jason

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"