X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • boe
    • Jul 2004

Comparison of Rotel Class D vs. others?

Hello,

The reviews I've seen on the Rotel class d amps are for the most part good. I was curious if there have been any major class d comparisons published?

Thanks
  • Pez
    • May 2004

I think you might be able to find some for NuForce digital amps, have heard very good things about them. Should able to find a review through Google.

Comment

• boe
      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Pez
      I think you might be able to find some for NuForce digital amps, have heard very good things about them. Should able to find a review through Google.
      Thanks - I've seen reviews on about 7 class D amps. I understand they aren't digital but would resolve some space, weight and heat issues of my current amps. My goal would be to find a good comparison review where more than one class D amp manufacturer is evaluated and compared.

There is one coming out in October in Absolute Sound that will probably cover some of these
      The Kharma MP-150 mono
      PS Audio Control Amp
      Spectron Musician III amp
      Rowland Model 102 amp
      Halcro MC20 amp
      Leviathan Signature amp
      Cary Audio A 306 amp
      Bel Canto's e.One amp

Comment

• Pez
        • May 2004

I have been debating the 1077 to streamline my audio rack a bit - its taller than me. When the NuForce amps came out I was tempted but didnt want to have all of those mono amps. Finding outlets would have been an issue for staters. Plus I really like my current amp which is a beast (earthquake cinenova 3 channel).

I have a feeling the ones you listed above will be out of my price range but it would be nice to some comparisons.

Comment

• boe
          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Pez
          I have been debating the 1077 to streamline my audio rack a bit - its taller than me. When the NuForce amps came out I was tempted but didnt want to have all of those mono amps. Finding outlets would have been an issue for staters. Plus I really like my current amp which is a beast (earthquake cinenova 3 channel).
          Since so many people have said such nice things about the cinenova's - particularly at their price range, I sent them an e-mail today to find out if they have any class d amps in the works. I'll post back if I get a response.

Comment

• Nolan B
            Super Senior Member
            • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Pez

I have a feeling the ones you listed above will be out of my price range but it would be nice to some comparisons.

You could always invest in a Richard Grey 1200s. Plug it into the wall and you have 12 outlets from a rack mountable unit. It also does not limit power like other conditioners.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"