X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • abe1877
    • Mar 2006

headphones to rsx-1067

I recently purchased an rsx-1067. I have a set of senheiser wireless headphones that i want to connect to it. it obviously has a mini stereo jack. they make stereo jack to rca converters. I understand that the stereo jack is not digital, but do they make an adapter that will let me attach it to one of the digital coaxial plugs in the back of the receiver. this also limits me to pretty much having the headphones work with a limited number of outputs. right now i only plan to use it with the tv mode

Is there a better way to attach it to the receiver so I can use the headphones in whatever mode i have the receiver set to (ie, cd, dvd, tv, hdtv.....)?
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

You could get a DAC for the digital output, but it's an un-decoded output anyway. Any Dolby signals wouldn't go through. Plus that's an expensive way to do it.

Do the headphones even support a line-level signal? Most with only mini-jack connectors will need a headphone preamp to work correctly. If they do work with line-level signals, one of the REC OUT jacks will be fine, or zone 2 if you need remote volume control.

Kevin D.

Comment

• sirbogey
      • Mar 2006

Originally posted by abe1877
      I recently purchased an rsx-1067. I have a set of senheiser wireless headphones that i want to connect to it. it obviously has a mini stereo jack. they make stereo jack to rca converters. I understand that the stereo jack is not digital, but do they make an adapter that will let me attach it to one of the digital coaxial plugs in the back of the receiver. this also limits me to pretty much having the headphones work with a limited number of outputs. right now i only plan to use it with the tv mode

Is there a better way to attach it to the receiver so I can use the headphones in whatever mode i have the receiver set to (ie, cd, dvd, tv, hdtv.....)?
      I had the same question couple of months ago and emailed Rotel about it. They responded after couple of days with 2 or 3 ways of doing it. I'll post their response when I get home tonight. I remember the pre-amp way being the best solution.

I have the Sennheisers as well, but after extensively trying them out on my Sony Micro HiFi, I found that the wireless doesn't work as well as I hoped for anyway. I get distortions all the time; switching frequencies won't work. It's almost unbearable.

Comment

• sirbogey
        • Mar 2006

from Rotel Europe:

"There is no facility to enable the use of headphones with this receiver however, you could choose one of the following 'work around' options:

1. Connect the RCA plugs of your headphones to the pre-outputs of the RSX-1055. You would need a separate speaker switching box for this option so that you can switch the speakers off when listening to the headphones.

2. If you are not using 'zone 2', connect the RCA plugs from your headphones to the zone 2 analogue outputs of the receiver and set 'zone 2' to listen to the source you would like to hear on the headphones.

Hopefully one of these options will suit your purpose."

Comment

• abe1877
          • Mar 2006

I ended up hooking it up to zone 2, but only the tuner works. I get no sound from the dvd or tv. any suggestions? does this suggest i need a dac?

Comment

• Kevin D
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Oct 2002

For any source to come out of zone 2, you will have to have analog in. Sounds like you have all digital cables for your sources. Just run some cheap RCA's in addition.

Kevin D.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"