X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • deke
    • Dec 2005

RSP 1066 v1 / v2

I've read several threads regarding the upgraded video board within the 2nd version of the RSP 1066. My question is, can you tell whether a unit is a v1 or a v2 unit without opening it up?

The only clue I'm aware of is that usually, the v2 comes with the RR1050 remote. Any help would be appreciated.
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Nope. Plus some units have been upgraded. Best bet is to call Rotel with the serial number. They will know if it's V1 and if they've upgraded it.

Kevin D.

Comment

• JDH
      • Sep 2004

It was my understanding that RSP-1066's running 1.XX series firmware were the older versions and ones running 2.XX firmware were the newer versions. The RSP-1066 I own is the upgraded version and it users the 2.XX firmware and has the later remote.
      Bits of HT & 2ch Stuff: Rotel, Pro-ject, Oppo, Bel Canto, Elektra Audio, Benchmark, Panasonic, DSPeaker, Epson, Slim Devices, Belkin, Philips Pronto, Harmony, URC, Sennheisser, AKG, HTPC under development, KEF, Whatmough, Definitive Technology & Pardigm Signiture speakers

Comment

• Kevin D
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Oct 2002

Yes and no... The hardware change that required new firmware had nothing to do with the component video board. While all 1.xx version would have originally came with the old board, some early 2.xx versions did as well.

Kevin D.

Comment

• wanderso
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by deke
          I've read several threads regarding the upgraded video board within the 2nd version of the RSP 1066. My question is, can you tell whether a unit is a v1 or a v2 unit without opening it up?

The only clue I'm aware of is that usually, the v2 comes with the RR1050 remote. Any help would be appreciated.
          Many versions can be found. I did my own video board replacement on my V 1.x system and probably others did as well. The only change in the video board was a bandwidth change from 10 to 100. That allowed (supposedly) full bandwidth HD passthrough for the component input/output. The firmware versions 1.x vs. 2.x were simply a mfg change of the chipsets and the versions are not interchangeable. So you could have any of the following units in the 1066:

V 1.x old component video board
          V 1.x new component video board
          V 2.x old component video board
          V 1.x new component video board

Comment

• deke
            • Dec 2005

Can you tell if the video board is updated (what chipset does it have)?

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"