X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spinners
    • Feb 2006

Got my new rcd 1072

Just want you all to know that I am happy..
    Got my new RCD 1072 today!
    RSX1056, RB1070, RDV1050, RCD 1072, Dali IKON 2, 2x REL Quake II
  • jim777
    • Mar 2005

If you were using the RDV-1050 for CD's, you will get a great upgrade with the RCD-1072

Comment

• ICEMAN70
      • Apr 2006

Hi spinners,

How much did your 1072 cost Canadian? My dealer quoted me $838.00 Canadian including taxes. I never boughtered getting one because i used my RDV 1060 to listen to music. But i bet the 1072 is just great.. That might be my next Rotel purchase also.

Cheers,

Comment

• jim777
        • Mar 2005

That's a great price, the canadian list price is 999$CAD.

ICEMAN, you may also consider an external DAC like the Benchmark DAC1 for example. It costs 975$USD and you have 30 days to try it.

Comment

• Hermie
          • Jan 2006

Hi Spinner! Enjoy Your New Toy! :-)

Comment

• spinners
            • Feb 2006

Iceman,

I paid Euro 599 for a demonstration model, list price here in Holland is Euro 899.
            I was waiting for an offer like this, cause I think Euro 899 (US$ 1100) is over the top.
            It sure looks like new, with original box, covers etc.

Comment

• sirbogey
              • Mar 2006

I'm using RDV1060 for CDs. Is there a huge difference between the RDV1060 and the RCD1072?

Comment

• ICEMAN70
                • Apr 2006

Hi spinners,

Thanks for the reply. $599 euros comes to $840 canadian. So my dealer quoted me pretty good. Rotel must be more expensive in Europe than Canada or U.S.

Enjoy your new 1072. Niceeee..

Comment

• grit
                  • Jan 2005

Originally posted by sirbogey
                  I'm using RDV1060 for CDs. Is there a huge difference between the RDV1060 and the RCD1072?
                  Yes, TONS! I bought a 1072 in addition to my 1060 after I demo'ed the 1072 at home. WOW!

Comment

• ICEMAN70
                    • Apr 2006

Question for spinner and grit,

How do you have your 1072 hooked up? Analog or Digital connection? Did you try both? if so which sounds better.

Right now i setup my RDV 1040 with Digital connection to listen to music. But when i listen to CD's it sounds not so great as my 1060 did. I am going to try the analog for music and digital for movies see how that goes.

Do you have both digital/analog hooked up?

Thanks,

Comment

• grit
                      • Jan 2005

Analog, and I listen in stereo bypass.

Anything hooked up in digital mode will use the DACs in the pre/pro. So, your CD player, DVD player, etc should all have a very similar sound via digital.

I a/b tested the 1072 vs the 1060 in analog bypass mode, which is where I found the differences. I never hooked the 1072 up via digital. However, on my 1068 pre/pro, if I switch to stereo mode w/o a sub, the 1068 will convert the analog signal back to digital for processing, and then back through the DACs again. When I switch between bypass and stereo mode, there's a noticeable difference.

Comment

• jim777
                        • Mar 2005

If one already has a Rotel DVD player, wouldn't an external DAC be a better idea than buying a RCD1072 all together?

Comment

• sirbogey
                          • Mar 2006

which external DACs would you recommend?

Comment

• Stev
                            • Sep 2005

This is interesting as I have a 1056,1075 and 1072 and find that with the 1072 connected via both analog and coax there is a difference - analog being better - this is using analog bypass vs stereo from the coax(large speakers) and no sub. however when you add a sub into the mix - set speakers to small the analog has to convert analog back to digital to add a sub signal then back to analog to the speakers vs coax in digital ,processed then to analog to speakers. Using the analog still provides a better sond even tho there is more d/a a/d conversions.

steve

Comment

• spinners
                              • Feb 2006

Iceman,

I hooked it up analog, and listen in bypass. The converter in the 1072 is better than in the 1056, so why bother using the digital output. The difference for me is in the soundstage, wich is deeper and wider using analog. Bass response is more natural, less boomy.

Comment

• jim777
                                • Mar 2005

Originally posted by sirbogey
                                which external DACs would you recommend?
                                People around the forum seem to say that the 975$USD Benchmark DAC1 is better than the RCD-1072. It has a 30 day try period, so you can test it at home and make an idea for yourself. Search the forum for "DAC1". Better quality / ~1600$ is the Grace Design m902. Stereophile tested them both I think. They are also great headphone amps, and pre-amps I think. The Grace is even USB.

I only heard the DAC1 over headphones.

Comment

• grit
                                  • Jan 2005

Yeah, a DAC is certainly an option, albet a slightly more expensive one. As Jim posted, the Benchmark DAC1 is the typical top pick at about $1000 US, where the 1072 is about $700 US (MSRP).

Comment

Working...
                                  Searching...Please wait.
                                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                  Search Result for "|||"