X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AMPER
    • Nov 2005

xm and rotel

has anyone found or have a good home audio xm receiver hooked up to their rotel gear, like maybe a 1080 ?
  • Kens1
    • Mar 2005

I have the Polk Audio XM receiver hooked up to my 1056 and I quite enjoy it. I used quality RCA's instead of the coax as the polk has burr brown DAC's. The sound may not be cd quality but it does sound pretty good. I have found that some stations sound better than others and thankfully one of the good sounding stations is jazz. XM lets me hear a lot of different music that I otherwise would not be exposed to and if I really enjoy something I have heard I usually buy the cd anyways.

Comment

• wca156
      • Jun 2005

I also have the Polk Audio XM receiver and I found it to be better than I expected, especially in bypass mode. It is not CD quality, but not bad at all. It is great for background music. I too enjoy their Jazz station. In fact, that is the reason I bought the receiver.
      Bill

Comment

• Paul51
        • Nov 2005

XM portable

I bought a pioneer airwave portable and connected to my 1056.It works great and the nice part is that you can use it in a car,yours or any one else, you can take it to work and hook it to the shop radio the guy's all love it. Its the cheapest way to go. The kit has everything you need for about $150.
        Paul

Comment

• johnvb
          • Dec 2004

Not xm, but I love my squeezebox. Plays free internet radio, plus I use it as a PC music server player. Just run a cat 5e cable (or go wireless) from a PC, anywhere in the house, and place the SB3 next to your audio equipment.

I use it as a single source (has it's own volume control), going straight into an Aragon amp, to Magnepan MMG speakers.

Discover the innovative world of Logitech and shop everything MX, Keyboards, Mice, Webcams, Headsets, Software, Video Conferencing, and more

Comment

• Paul51
            • Nov 2005

Squeezebox

Remember if it sounds too good to be true beware,nothing in this life is Free except the air you breath. ;x(

Comment

• johnvb
              • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Paul51
              Remember if it sounds too good to be true beware,nothing in this life is Free except the air you breath. ;x(
              Well, I guess it isn't really free, since I'm dishing out close to 50 bucks a month to the cable/internet co.

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"