X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Glen
    • Dec 2003

Thank-you all very much & a question

Hi There. This is my first post - but I've been an avid reader of you all for over a year now.

Based on the wealth of information I've gained in this forum, I felt very confident in purchasing the Rotel RSP-1066 and RMB-1075. I must say I couldn't be happier. The quality of this unit compared to my old Parasound prologic unit is amazing. I've only had it for about a month so I'm still tweaking the settngs - but right out of the box it sounded great. Every CD has come alive with a big 'WOW' 8O factor. The only problem watching movies is that I have such a huge enveloping amount of sound - but only a 27" monitor (next purchase will have to be a Z2 [2hd]).

I have a question for you all. Do you have your subwoofer on for 2 channel music listening? I'm listening to music without my sub for the first time since I bought it ( about 6 yeas ago ) and I love it. I find it sounds more, well - musical (for lack of a better term) without the sub.

Anyway, I really wanted to thank you all for your dedication to this forum. I sure there's alot more people out there like me who silently reap the benefits of your experience.

Glen.
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

I guess it's a lot of personal opinion with that question.. I always listen to music with my sub because quite frankly, most of my music almost requires a sub.. I'm sure if I leaned more towards classical or jazz/blues I would most likely turn the sub off..

Kevin D.

Comment

• spiffnme
      • Apr 2003

Sounds like you could use a new sub. A really good sub won't sound any less musical.

Take a look at these.

www.funnyfarmcomics.net
      All Daredevil, All the Time!

Comment

• aud19
        Twin Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2003

Welcome to HTGuide and Club Rotel Glen! Glad to hear your enjoying your equipment as much as the rest of us

That will be quite the display upgrade! 8O I'm sure Andrew (who's also from Winnipeg and also has a FP) could give you some helpful advice on that subject.

As for the sub/music question... I think it depends on your speakers and personal preference. If you have smaller bookshelf type or even smaller satelite speakers the added bass from a sub might me required to flesh out the bottom notes. If you're running larger bookshelves or floor standers they might produce enough low bass to not need the sub for music listening. That doesn't mean some people with large more bass-capable speakers won't prefer to also have their sub kick out extra deep bass as well. I personally do all my music listening (stereo and multi-channel) without my sub, relying on my Energy C-9's (stereo) and C-5's and C-C3 (multi-channel) to produce very tight and pretty low bass on their own. Your results/preferences may vary.

Glad you're no longer silently reaping the bennefits

Jason

Need a new display? Questions about new display technologies? Visit RPTVs, plasmas, and other monitors @ HTguide
        Jason

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

Glen welcome to the Winnipeg Rotel Fan Club:T

Let me know if you want to drop by for a visit and demo my projector (1HD)

As for the sub I tend to turn it off for music but I'm still tweaking the IB so I might be able to dial it in well enough that I can leave it engaged

Comment

• Glen
            • Dec 2003

Thanks all.

I'd love to see your set-up sometime Andrew. I'll email you sometime when I'm not too busy ( might be spring though the way things are going now ). I live over by the old Unicity mall lot ( I think you said before that you live near the Grace Hospital - so I'm not too far from you ).

Have a great x-mas everyone.

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2000

Glen I'm even closer then that...I'm at the corner of Parkhill St (Tim Hortons on portage is Parkhill) and Ness

What is that's keeping you so busy?

Comment

• Glen
                • Dec 2003

If I'm not working (50+ hours a week minimum) - I spend as much time with the kids as I can ( I have one of each, and their growing up way too fast). I try to keep them away from the T.V. as much as possible so they'll more than just memories of re-runs when they grow up. ( although I have some pretty fond memories of Yogi Bear - When are they going to have that on DVD?).

Anyway - I'm getting a little off topic. I'll defenitely be in touch.

Born, Raised and getting Old in St. James.

Comment

• Sonnie Parker
                  • Jan 2002

Hey Glen... glad to see you finally are getting a chance to post.

Welcome to the forum! AND Club Rotel!

I've thuroughly enjoyed my 1066 and wouldn't have even bought it had it not been for Club Rotel (okay and Andrew twisted my arm a little).

Hope you land the FP okay... I've still got mine sitting in the box behind me... waiting on the HT room to get all finished up.

SONNIE

Cedar Creek Cinema

DVD Collection

BFD Comprehensive Setup Guide

Comment

• aud19
                    Twin Moderator Emeritus
                    • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Sonnie Parker
                    I've still got mine sitting in the box behind me... waiting on the HT room to get all finished up.
                    8O 8O That must be painful to look at every day, you poor man...

How long has it been? Has it started to talk to yet?...

"Sonnie.... Why don't you put me up and watch me Sonnie? Don't you love me anymore Sonnie?" :crazy: :rollhead:

Jason

Need a new display? Questions about new display technologies? Visit RPTVs, plasmas, and other monitors @ HTguide
                    Jason

Comment

• Sonnie Parker
                      • Jan 2002

lol

It's about dadnabbit time somebody starts feeling sorry for me...

I've been wondering where those voices were coming from. hee hee

SONNIE

Cedar Creek Cinema

DVD Collection

BFD Comprehensive Setup Guide

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"