X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • art vandeleigh
    • Oct 2003

This is what I would llike to see...

One really minor function that drives me insane is the arbitrary and ambiguous volume number that rotel has for all of its pre/pro and AVR's. Why cant they just use the +/- db settings? I honestly would pay money if I could get maybe some kind of firmware patch for this. Or maybe its more complicated then a firmware patch...but none the less i would till pay money for this.

setting and calibrating everyhting would be that much easier and headache free. i just dont see why they dont do this? can someone please possibly bring this to the attention of the head honchos at rotel?
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

What you're not seeing is that due to different amplifiers, speakers, room size, room shape, recording levels, speaker wire, & everthing else that's not the preamp will effect how loud the sound is.. Even break-in can effect relative loudness. With all this included, a +/- db scale would be just as ambiguous..

I'm also confused why calibrating it would be easier.. My meter tells me that I'm plus or minus 'x' db. It's going to tell me that regardless of whether the volume says 75 or -30db..

Kevin 'maybe we need amps that go to 11' D.

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"