X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eelco74
    • Dec 2002

Rotel with no lid on.....

I finally got the time to do some updating on the set. So it was time to open some gear...

First I had to remove the fixed powercable and put in an IEC connector on my RB-981.

Quite a large powertransformer and clean build quality. It now no longer has a fixed power cord but a detachable one.

and I finally found a second hand RT-955. I wanted it because of its RDS, dual antenna input and remote control.

inside....

and the old RT-935....

Marantz AV8802, Marantz UD8002, Rotel RB-991 and RB985mkii, Rotel RD960
    Focal/Jmlab Electra 1028S, Electra CC, Electra SW1000S, Cobalt 705
    Pioneer KRL-37V, Epson EH-TW8100, Kinkping CES-180 77"inch
  • bleeding ears
    • Nov 2004

Did you notice any improvement with the new power cord ? and could you describe the difference in the cords apart from one being detachable and one not.
    Pete

Comment

• JDH
      • Sep 2004

The inside of the RB-981 and RB-1070 look pretty much identical.
      Bits of HT & 2ch Stuff: Rotel, Pro-ject, Oppo, Bel Canto, Elektra Audio, Benchmark, Panasonic, DSPeaker, Epson, Slim Devices, Belkin, Philips Pronto, Harmony, URC, Sennheisser, AKG, HTPC under development, KEF, Whatmough, Definitive Technology & Pardigm Signiture speakers

Comment

• eelco74
        • Dec 2002

I think they have updated some components in the 1070, but generally the layout might still be the same. Its still quite a perfomer !!

The changing of the powercord somehow gave the amp a little more power. It seems a bit more dynamic. Other than that I don't think it has changed mutch, apart from the fact that the cable is now the proper length.

Comment

• Boombox
          • Oct 2005

JHD - I think it is exactly the same as the 1070 apart from the front "heat sinks".

On the power cord issue....is it wise to get one of those power conditioners that first "cleans" household AC from which one then feeds the amps with cleaner AC power? Or is it a waste of money?
          Regards :T,

Boom....a.k.a...."The Box"

Comment

• eelco74
            • Dec 2002

Well,

It all depends on how dirty your feed is. At my place the electricity is pretty clean of spikes and other noise. I have no trouble with annoying noise caused by refegerators etc.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"