X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • farbs
    • Jun 2004

RSX-1055 Multi channel help please

Hi guys,
    I am sorry if this has been answered before, but i can't seem to find it anyware.
    I have a rotel rsx1055, and when playing dvd-a or sacd cd's through the multi input, for the life of me I can't seem to get it to play in 5.1.
    I hav the the player set to output 5.1 (which is a marantz dv7600).
    Also on the display panel it only lights up left and right and LFE but no rears.
    I think I am going crazy because I have tried absolutely every setting under the sun but nothing seems to work.
    Please HELP.
    If I knew all these new formats were going to be so complicated I would have just stuck to 2ch!!!
  • Aussie Geoff
    Super Senior Member
    • Oct 2003

Farbs,

Have you checked your SACD and DVD-A covers to make sure they show 5.1 - may of these are just stereo (2.0) with the DVD / SACD player creating the LFE channel...

Geoff

Comment

• csuzor
      • Nov 2004

What discs are you trying? On which display panel are the left and right only shown (dvd or rotel)? Are you sure the marantz is configured for 6 channels (check speaker config on both marantz and rotel) or is it re-mixing the multichannel music to stereo? You're not accidently using the digital connection, are you?

It's not very difficult, and when you get it right, it's a huge improvement over stereo.

Comment

• farbs
        • Jun 2004

OK,
        The lights are lighting up on the rotel amp. Only left and right.
        The discs I am trying are bela fleck dvd-a, crowded house dvd-a, Norah jones SACD. I have the the marantz set to 5.1 out and it is just driving me nuts I didn.t realise you could use the digital for multi channel

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
          Super Senior Member
          • Oct 2003

Farbs,
          I didn.t realise you could use the digital for multi channel
          By default you get a stereo down mix on the digital input for multichannel...

What is your display showing as far as source (Analog or Digital)? Are you sure you are set to the Mult-input?

Geoff

Comment

• farbs
            • Jun 2004

So it is kinda starting to make a little sense.
            How do you set the multi channel on the rotel to accept analogue out of the dvdv player? I s that possible. Yes the multi channel on th rotel showed that it was digital???

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
              Super Senior Member
              • Oct 2003

Farbs,

I don't know - I have never used the RSX-1055... Do you have the manual - if so try the pages re multi-channel input... You normally treat this as a separate device altothether which you select (not the DVD player) so you get the analogy sound, while the DVD device still uses the digital sound...

I've renamed your thread for you so a RSX-1055 or RSP-1066 user can help (same firmware). In the mean time - try searching this forum for muli-channel and look for the RSP-1066 and RX-1055 setup threads (about 2 years old)

Geoff

Comment

• farbs
                • Jun 2004

Thanks Geoff,
                I seem to noticed that when the dvd player is set to digital off, it no longer downmixes and It seems to be working. But to do this every time I play a dvd-a or sacd is pain!!
                There are a few other issues with this dvd player as well such as unable to set the video out to multi- only pal so I think it is time for a refund as it is not performing the way it should!!
                Any suggestions on another player that gives great 2channel as well as HDMI out that I don't have to take out a Mortgage for :lol:

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Oct 2003

Farbs,

In the mean time - try using 2 different devices on your RSX-1055 for the one DVD player - one with the digital connection and the other with the mult-input. Assign the same video input to both of them... You should then be able to switch to the device with the multiinput or the device with the digital input and pick the sound - use digital for CDs and normal DVDs (Dolby Digitial and DTS) and use the Device with the multinput for DVD-A and SACD

Geoff

Comment

• Nolan B
                    Super Senior Member
                    • Sep 2005

I have the RSX 1055 and am using it for listening to DVD A. I am surprised you are having an issue, because it is a real easy set up which makes me think its more to do with your dvd player.

once you have the 6 analog connections from your dvd player to the RSX 1055 just press the multi input button on the front of the reciever to switch over to it...i think the button on the remote is called EXT.

Your DVD player should have some setting in the menue which defaults it to read the high res audio when you put a DVD a or SACD in it. My 1060 had something like that if I remember right..

Comment

• farbs
                      • Jun 2004

Yep,
                      It's definately the DVD player.
                      I have to go into the setup menu and turn the digital output to off, otherwise it just downmixes to 2ch and outputs through the digital output. What a pain in the A#%$@&^!!!. I have spoken the the distributors and am still waiting for a reply. But there is so many things wrong with this player that it will go back for a refund. Needless to say it is not the ROTEL.

Comment

• Tha Freak
                        • Jul 2003

isn't the multi input only available by the "Video5" (V5) input ??
                        - - - - - - - - - -

"Are you gonna bark all day little doggy?...or are you gonna bite?

Comment

Working...
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"