X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Phrog
    • Oct 2003

Buzzing coming from 1095

I recently noticed a slight buzzing coming from my 1095 when powered on. The unit is about 2 months old and is working fine. I don't recall it making the buzz when I first brought it home. Do I need to be concerned or is there anything I can do to correct this? Thanks in advance for the advice.

Matt
  • jimmyp58
    Super Senior Member
    • Aug 2003

Phrog:

I could go into a very long discussion regarding this. For now, I'll spare you and everyone else reading this thread about this. Please see my comments in the HTGUIDE Forum under Audio Hideout. I have two threads but read the one titled "Want to Replace My Rotel RMB-1095". From there if you have questions, please PM me or e-mail me @ jpiscitello@ameritech.net.

Jim
    jpiscitello@ameritech.net

Comment

• Phrog
      • Oct 2003

Thanks for the info Jim... actually the buzzing I am hearing is coming from the amp itself... not the speakers. Not sure if this falls into the same issue you were having with the ground.

Incidentally when I bought the 1066/1095 combo and got it all hooked up I had a horrible 60hz hum/buzz through the speakers. Traced it down to CATV and fixed it with a gound loop isolator inline with the coax into the TV. Wish your issue was that simple to fix.

Comment

• dbart
        • Jan 2003

Is there a fix from Rotel for this? Does Rotel recognize that there is a problem?

I am on my second 1095 replaced by Rotel still buzzing with only speakers attached and cheater plug used.

1095 owners demad a fix from Rotel! Lets get this going.

Comment

• jimmyp58
          Super Senior Member
          • Aug 2003

dbart:

Read my thread under Audio Hideout...it essentially answers your question.

Jim

Comment

• ht_addict
            • Dec 2002

Originally posted by Phrog
            Thanks for the info Jim... actually the buzzing I am hearing is coming from the amp itself... not the speakers. Not sure if this falls into the same issue you were having with the ground.

Incidentally when I bought the 1066/1095 combo and got it all hooked up I had a horrible 60hz hum/buzz through the speakers. Traced it down to CATV and fixed it with a gound loop isolator inline with the coax into the TV. Wish your issue was that simple to fix.
            If its only a slight buzz coming from the amp I wouldn't worry too much. Especially if you have to be right up next to it to hear. Remember this has two LARGE torroidal transformers inside. Now if your sitting back at your usual listening area then drop Rotel a line.

I also had a bad buzzing sound when hooking up my 1095. Only happened when I began to hook the cables from my pre/pro to the amp. Couldn't solve it with disconnecting the tv cable or a cheater plug. Don't know why I tried it but I ran the TV cable hookup I got with my Monster HTS1000mkII surge protector from my Pre/pro FM tunner hookup to the surge protector CATV in and the buzz is gone to the point where my ears have to be right up next to the speakers to hear.

ht_addict

Comment

• Srv
              • Sep 2003

Contact the dealer, claim they should fix it! A upright manufacturer takes these things seriously and help u out ASAP.
              Good luck, SRV

Sorry about my poor english, still Rockin´anyway, Regards, SRV
              Sorry about my poor english, still Rockin´anyway, Regards, SRV

Comment

• jimmyp58
                Super Senior Member
                • Aug 2003

All:

I know that I have commented countless times about the issues I have had with the RMB-1095. I know that for some, it is simply a ground loop issue that can be remedied in a variety of ways. Yet I also know there is an admitted ground plane design flaw with this amp.

Two things come to mind. One, there exists a commonality in that you never read about anyone experiencing this issue with the RMB-1075. Why? It is designed differently than the 1095. Two, it would be very interesting to do a survey of RMB-1095 owners to see how many have had (or still have) a buzzing issue --- regardless if they have intervened with a cheater plug or other means to correct the situation. I believe we'd find a preponderance of a very high percentage of folks that currently own or have owned this amp and that have a buzzing problem or it was remedied by some interventional method.

I would like to take this and compare it to other high-end amps to see how those amps play out. I visit the Bryston site and I have never read anyone having the problems we are having with this amp. Same goes for Anthem. It would be interesting to me to see if the percentage of issues with the 1095 were in or out of proportion with similarly classed amps.

Jim

Comment

• Joseki
                  • Sep 2003

Hello all,

I am having the same problem with my 1095 and to a lesser extent my 1090. The cause seems obvious: disconnect the coax cable from the wall and the noise goes away entirely.

So now the question: How do I fix this. The coax cable is to my satellite dish so I can't have anything that messes up the voltage. Are there simple in-line products that can help me? If not, how does one ground the dish outside?

I really love this equipment and am anxious to squash this little bug.

David

Comment

• ht_addict
                    • Dec 2002

Originally posted by Joseki
                    Hello all,

I am having the same problem with my 1095 and to a lesser extent my 1090. The cause seems obvious: disconnect the coax cable from the wall and the noise goes away entirely.

So now the question: How do I fix this. The coax cable is to my satellite dish so I can't have anything that messes up the voltage. Are there simple in-line products that can help me? If not, how does one ground the dish outside?

I really love this equipment and am anxious to squash this little bug.

David
                    You need something that looks like this. Can be found on partsexpress.com

ht_addict

Comment

• lcajiga
                      • Aug 2003

Hi HT_addict, there says it is for Cable TV, does it also works for Sattelite?

Regards,
                      Luis

"It is not what you see and hear...it is how!"
                      Regards,
                      Luis

http://www.luiscajiga.com/HT.htm

"It is not what you see and hear...it is how!"

Comment

• ht_addict
                        • Dec 2002

If you hook your Sat up to the TV via a TV coax cable put this between the cable and the TV. Goto Radio Shack for this item.

ht_addict

Comment

• dbart
                          • Jan 2003

ht_addict,

If you read my earlier post or the posts from jimmyp58 you will see that the noise is not from external equipment or sat cables etc, but the amp itself. This 1095 amp has a defect, plain and simple.

I gave Rotel a chance to fix my problem and they did not. If you have a way to fix my buzzing, I'd like to hear it because I have tried everything from adding dedicated circuits to re-grounding my electrical service. Very Frustrating!

Comment

• Rags
                            • Aug 2003

I have recently sold my 1095 - not because of problems but just wanted to upgrade.

Never heard any buzzing from the amp even up very close. Did initially have some buzzing/humming from the speakers but that was easily corrected after receiving some good advice. Excellent amp - maybe I just got lucky not to have a noisy unit. Buzzing should not be classified as normal as some units have it and some don't - should only bother you though if you can hear it from the listening position.

Comment

• ht_addict
                              • Dec 2002

Originally posted by dbart
                              ht_addict,

If you read my earlier post or the posts from jimmyp58 you will see that the noise is not from external equipment or sat cables etc, but the amp itself. This 1095 amp has a defect, plain and simple.

I gave Rotel a chance to fix my problem and they did not. If you have a way to fix my buzzing, I'd like to hear it because I have tried everything from adding dedicated circuits to re-grounding my electrical service. Very Frustrating!
                              When you say that your speakers buzz when only hooked to amp how loud is the buzz? If I hook only my speakers I have to have my ear right next to the speaker to hear anything. I have to hook a cable from my pre/pro to the amp I get a loud buzz. Also get it when hooking my sub up. I solved my problem by running a tv coax cable from the pre/pro to the surge protector. To be honest if your on the second amp and its still doing it then there is something up with your setup. What does your setup consist off?

ht_addict

Comment

• Mark_C.
                                • Jan 2003

dbart:

If you're on your second 1095 and you're still getting buzzing from the amp, then you should look at the environment. Amps magnify electronic signals, even those coming from other devices. Best advice: tear down your system (yeah, easy). Set up your pre/pro and amp in another room. See if you get the buzz there once you power it up. Solving this problems is usually a long process of eliination.

Comment

• LEVESQUE
                                  • Oct 2002

Jimmy is completely right about that.

Dealers are playing the ''never heard anything about that'' act, but they all know about it! My RMB-1095 is humming like a frig, and the only way to get rid of this noise is by using a combination of a cheater plug and balanced input. My dealer finally told me that alot of 1095 are suffering from this, and Rotel always refer me to my dealer, so I'm stuck with a humming device... Having babies at home, I don't really like having a cheater plug in my system. And my dealer refers me to Rotel, and Rotel to my dealer, and finally they just told me that it was a ground design problem with my home or my system... But my Bryston 4BSST is dead silent in the same home/system...

Rotel should acknowladge this problem to the public instead of playing the innocent ''I didn't knew about it'' part. I read alot about this problem on different internet forums. So we are not alone.

For that kind of price, we should expect complete silence and a good grounding scheme. My Bryston 4BSSt is dead silent, so I know it can be done right.

The sound coming from the 1095 is awesome. I would really like to keep it. But I'm really anal about noises in quiet parts of a track or a film. So like Jimmy, I have to sell the 1095.

So be aware of this problem and be sure that your dealer will give you complete refund if you have this problem, and that he won't (like mine did!) tell you to put aluminium foil around all the interconnect instead of giving you a complete refund... After sending countless E-Mails to Rotel about that dealer attitude, they closed the deal by saying that it was my home and my system causing the problem. But they finally agree that it was the 1095 the source of the problem, because the Bryston 4BSST is completely noise free.

It's not my home. I've had 2 electricians home to double check everything. Redone ALL the grounding of my main house. Dedicated 20A circuit. Satelllite company. Electricity company. I have 2 houses, and it's doing it in both houses. I've tried different outlets in different room, etc.
                                  To spend more $$$ on electronics without first addressing room acoustics is fruitless IMO.

Comment

• dbart
                                    • Jan 2003

Listen guys, the amp is only hooked to the 120v wall outlet and the speakers (yes I tried other speakers). I tried everything you guys have mentioned. It is not my house because it does it at our office and my brother's house. My Denon reciever is dead silent.

Its a flaw that Rotel chose to not help me with. Sorry but true.

Comment

• ht_addict
                                      • Dec 2002

Goto Radioshack and get this piece(Part# 15-1536). Its like $7. Run it from the FM antenna connection on your receiver to a surge protectors CATV coax in and see if it works.

ht_addict

Comment

Working...
                                      Searching...Please wait.
                                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                      Search Result for "|||"