X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DSGCobra
    • Feb 2003

My Rotel gear

Pics of my home thearter, nothing like some of the real dedicated rooms most of you have but the best I can do for now.

Disregard the pulley in the last pic, thats for my car....what the hell here is a pic of that too...
  • will1066
    • Aug 2003

So what if it isn't dedicated. Your "best" is better than what most people have. LOL

Nice 'Stang too.

Comment

• vsarathy
      • Oct 2003

dsgcobra,

Nice setup!

Could you please post some information about what kind of power conditioner and/or surge protector you are using, if any at all. And, whether the 1095 is connected directly to the wall outlet or to the power conditioner.

Also, in another thread you had mentioned that you didn't have the infamous buzzing noise due to grounding from your 1095 as you are using a "cheater" plug. I had asked whether you get the noise if you did not have the cheater plug.

Could you please respond to these questions, please?

Thanks,
      Viji

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Nice gear and your user name now makes sense :driving:

Comment

• DSGCobra
          • Feb 2003

1. 1095 is plugged directly into the wall.
          2. As far as a surge protector, I have a $15.00 walmart special. I know I have been meaning to change that but haven't got around to it yet.
          3. I assumed a cheater plug is the adapter that takes a 2 prong outlet and turns it into a 3 prong, is that correct. If so than I'm using a cheater plug. My house is old and most of the orginal outlets are only 2 prong. I hope that answeres all of you questions. If not let me know.

Comment

• vsarathy
            • Oct 2003

Yes, thanks for your response. When you mentioned that you were using a cheater plug, I assumed that you were using it specifically for the purpose of addressing the grounding problem in the 1095. But, it seems like you are using due to the lack of any 3-pronged outlets in your house.
            Anyway, hope you enjoy the system for a long time.
            Viji

Comment

• ht_addict
              • Dec 2002

That is one awesome setup. Don't worry about the dedicated room. That will come.

ht_addict

Comment

• zpanky
                • Mar 2003

Nice set of equipment dsgcobra. I don't have a dedicated HT room either, but I'm not sure I have a desire to have one. I have my setup in my livingroom, and its nice to just kick back on the sofa while listening to music or watching movies.

What speakers do you have?

Also, how do you like the RDV 1080? I just made some significant upgrades and am now looking to replace my 4 year old "bottom of the line" Toshiba DVD player. I'm not sure if I should go for the 1080, 1060, or wait a few weeks for the 1040.

Comment

• DSGCobra
                  • Feb 2003

I am running Energy C-9's for the fronts, an energy veritas center, some energy c-3 bookshelf's for the rear and a paradigm sub. I have had the 1080 for probably 3 years or so and I do definetly like it, much better than the old 995 (I think that was the model number). I have seen a 1060 and I believe that it is a step up from the 1080, the picture quality was very impressive. I would definetly look into the 1060, you would be supprised how much a good DVD player will add to your system.

RSP-1098
                  RMB-1095
                  RDV-1080
                  Energy C-9
                  Energy Vertias V2.0C
                  Energy C-3
                  Paradigm PS-1200
                  Audioquest everything.

Comment

• Aeromos
                    • Jun 2003

Nice set up dgscobra. Is that the DLP or LCD Samsung? I have the 30" widescreen tube. I'm quite please with it.

Aeromos
                    Enjoy life, it's too short to waste!!
                    My Collection
                    Aeromos
                    Enjoy life, it's too short to waste!!
                    My Collection

Comment

• DSGCobra
                      • Feb 2003

It's the DLP.

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"