1068 & Karaoke? If so wife will let me get it!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tboooe
    • Jun 2005

1068 & Karaoke? If so wife will let me get it!!

Hi, I am trying to convince the wife to let my buy the 1068. She said I can do it if it will support karaoke. My wife and kids like to goof around and do karaoke (ok I admit it...I am the one wanting this...i get dressed up at night and pretend I am a backstreet boy! )

Anywya, does anyone know if the 1068 will support a karaoke mode?
  • GosonFletchy
    • May 2004

Yes it will. I used to run Karaoke through my old RSX-965 and it did just fine. Karaoke should be simply composite video and analog audio (usually mono ).

G.

:assimilate:

Comment

• Kevin P
      • Aug 2000

There's no karaoke "mode" per se in the Rotel gear but you can hook a karaoke machine up to it no problem. It's just like hooking up a DVD player, more or less.

Comment

• srb
        • Oct 2004

As GosonFletchy said, it will "support" karaoke, meaning that if you have a karaoke device, you can plug it into a free video/audio input. But you could say that about ANY processor or receiver.

The specific selling point for the 1068 would be that you can label the input on both the remote and the 1068 front panel so that when you select that input, they will both read "Karaoke" (instead of Video 1, Video 2, etc.).

Comment

• tboooe
          • Jun 2005

thanks for the clarification guys though this was not the answer I was hoping for...hmm how to convince the wife now????

Comment

• Kevin P
            • Aug 2000

Well, do what SRB suggests. Rename an input on the 1068 to "Karaoke" and hook a karaoke machine or CD-G player up to that input. Bingo, there's your "karaoke" mode.

But then it sounds like your wife expects to be able to plug a microphone into the 1068 and start singing along. You could pick up a microphone mixer at RadioShack and connect it in between the 1068 and your amp to turn your rig into a "karaoke machine".

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"