X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zeus75
    • Sep 2003

audio interconnects 1066 1075

Just purchased the 1066 and 1075. Was wondering what audio interconnects everybody used. Not looking to spend a fortune.

jason
  • SpOoNmAn
    • Sep 2003

I use Outlaw Audio cables and I couldn't be happier. For analog connections I use their PCA cables, and for digital ones, I use their PSC cables.

I just ordered a 7 pack of 1/2 meter PCA cables today, to run from preamp to the 1075. They were 105.00 for the 7..not bad at all I can use the other 2 later on.

Life is short, Play it LOUD!

Theatre Photo Album (A work in Progress)
    GameTracker -My List-
    Life is short, Play it LOUD!

Comment

• DSGCobra
      • Feb 2003

I use AudioQuest every thing. For interconnects I'm using the Corrals, some where around $250-$300 for a set of 5, 1m. They should be comming down in price, they just launched an entire new line of cables. Check ebay, good deals are out their.

Comment

• spiffnme
        • Apr 2003

I've got a mish-mash of cables. To be honest I've never heard any amazing difference between any of them.

Here are some brands which make good stuff and don't charge a fortune.

www.heartlandcables.com - not the most professional looking site, but nice products, and great customer service. 30 day money back guarantee. (you can get the new bullet plugs as well)

www.rivercable.com - Great looking site, well made cables. 30 day money back guarantee as well.

www.catcables.com - These guys have a large following as well. Again, great customer service.

www.axiomaudio.com - This superb speaker company has just begun offering cables. If their cables are anything like their speakers, they'll have a very large "bang-for-your-buck" quotient.

and of course there's always the standby...Monster.

Any of these places should be able to get you a decent set of cables for a reasonable price. I woudn't pay more than $300 for a set of five. Over that and I think you've entered the realm of major diminishing returns.

www.funnyfarmcomics.net
        All Daredevil, All the Time!

Comment

• Joseki
          • Sep 2003

A2Zcables has never disappointed me. They make high-quality cables without the hype and price of many others.

David

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2000

If you look to the top of the Club Rotel you'll see CatCables is offering a discount to Club Rotel participants. I've got several of their cables and the build quality is second to none and they are much cleaner sounding then the other cables I've AB'd against them. They also happen to be a sponsor on the forum and the owner of Catcables is a co-owner of the HTG site. At the very least I'd run a high quality pair of interconnects for the front two channels were you'll notice the sonic benefits the most.

Comment

• zeus75
              • Sep 2003

Anybody use bluejeans? Is it worth the price difference for Audioquest?

Comment

• Lex
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Apr 2001

Zeus, I own CATCables.com, QuantumCable.com, and ZeusCable.com. I also own half of this forum. Conflict of interests? Hardly. More like a complement of interests. Ask the many people that have gotten nice deals on cables here because of this relationship. Several customer comments can be found in the CAT sales sticky post at the top of this forum.

Lastly Zeus, since your monikor matches one of my cable brands, I've got some things that will be happening in that area that might interest you. I mean having your monikor on your cables, how cool is that? Perhaps the discussion is best handled by email... New products, perhaps matching some other options out on the market place. At least in some ways, but I think perhaps better in other ways.

Lex

Cable Guy DVD Collection
                Doug
                "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Danbry39
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Sep 2002

I own Quantum, Signal, and Rhino. I always feel I have to justify my opinion about my holding Quantums above the others as I'm now a moderator here, but I felt this way shortly after visiting this board for the first time. I started reading things about Lex's cables and, as always, was curious, which resulted in my ordering my Quantums which exceeded my already large expectations. The quality and detail of these cables is far beyond my other cables all the way from the burning them in for you down to the locking caps. Again, I felt this way during my initial involvement with HTGuide. Read the "sticky" thread at the top of Club Rotel's thread list regarding Cat Cables, etc. and you'll see that quite a few feel as I do.

Of the others mentioned, I'd recommend you look most closely at Rhino and Blue Jeans. Both offer great quality for the money. But, again, I prefer my Quantums.

Keith
                  Keith

Comment

• Wilfred
                    • May 2003

Originally posted by spiffnme
                    and of course there's always the standby...Monster.
                    A while back, I bought a few sets of Monster Interlink 300 Mk II and 400 Mk II interconnects (IC). While sound quality is ok, I am not at all impress with their cable quality/QA.

If you have not heard, Monster cable has this GRIP OF DEATH design flaw. Once plugged in, the connecter grip the RCA jack SOOOO HARD that when remove, sometime it will take the RCA connecter shell with it!! Now, unless you are not going to remove them, almost all connecters needed to be 'opened up' with a pair of pliers. The happened to their video cable also.

Then, there are the 'O-ring's. As name imply, they are four rubber rings in shallow grooves designed to provide a 'non-slip' surface (for easier IC removal?). However, rings can easily slip out of their grooves and you ended up spending time rolling them back.

In-effective O-ring design compounded with Grip of Death make it IMPOSSIBLE to remove IC with bare hand. I ended up using a screwdriver to ply them out.

For the price (even at half), I believe you can do better. Tara Labs Prism line for one.

Again, my cables are a few years old, so current model might have the problem fixed. Even then, I will be very careful in plugging them into my 1066/1075...

Comment

• Chross
                      • Sep 2003

Hello Zeus75,

I've ordered 5x QED Qunex2 to connect my RMB1095 and RSP1066.

Chross

Comment

• spiffnme
                        • Apr 2003

I humbly appologize for suggesting Monster. I too hate them...

www.funnyfarmcomics.net
                        All Daredevil, All the Time!

Comment

• will1066
                          • Aug 2003

I second Wilfred's Monster remarks. The Grip of Death is tight but luckily, I haven't had any mishaps. The o-rings are crap. They come right off and they're not worth putting back in. Once they're out, it's over. They'll never stick again.

Comment

• aud19
                            Twin Moderator Emeritus
                            • Aug 2003

For almost the same as basic Rhino or Catcables I might be getting some nice Cardas Crosslink interconnects with Vampire RCA's from http://www.takefiveaudio.com. Ofcourse I do have to put them together myself but damn it's worth it.

Anyone have any comments on the Cardas?

Hopefully soon I'll even have the 1066 and 1075 to go with them...lol

J.R.

Need a new display? Questions about new display technologies? Visit RPTVs, plasmas, and other monitors @ HTguide
                            Jason

Comment

• aud19
                              Twin Moderator Emeritus
                              • Aug 2003

Anyone have an opinion on whether the Cardas Crosslink is worth 3.5 times the Belden 89259? I'm having a dilemna with that. Also to aid in affordability where should I spend the money if I decide to go with a mix of Cardas/Belden? Interconnects from my DVD-A player to the 1066 or From the 1066 to the 1075. I would imagine from the DVD-A player but I could be entirely wrong there (in fact it's quite likely!) 8O

J.R.

Need a new display? Questions about new display technologies? Visit RPTVs, plasmas, and other monitors @ HTguide
                              Jason

Comment

• JonLeach
                                • Sep 2003

i use DIY cat6 stp cables they are excellent much improvement from the £150 cables i had bought.

now i will never buy interconnects again.
                                jon

P.S.
                                New user from uk. recently purchased a RSP-1066 and using 985mkII pro

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
                                  Moderator Emeritus
                                  • Aug 2000

Welcome to the forum Jon:T

Comment

• Rock Dog
                                    Moderator Emeritus
                                    • Jan 2003

I use Catcables SilverCats acros the front, and CopperCats for the rears. This will change soon. I also have the "Blue Tiger" for my component DVD->1066.

BTW I have the 1066/1095 combo.

I've tried 3 different brands so far, and no one matched the Catcable customer service.

The Cats have been an incredible addition, regardless of connection to the forum with Doug.

You could search for Cat owners and there reports on ther cables. I know I've posted a review at length somewhere on here.

I'm using Moster M4 (soemthing, something, something) Bi-Wire cables for L/C/R speaker cables. Again, this will last until I have the funds to get something from Cat, Quantun or Zeus.

Using a generic Silver 16 ga for the 40 ft run to the rears. THIS MUST CHANGE.

-Thomas-

The easiest way to find something lost around the house, is to buy a replacement.

Hey You! Make sure you stop by the HTguide Off-Topic section. It's FUN!!!

-Thomas-

As long as people will accept crap, it will be financially profitable to dispense it.

Hey You! Make sure you stop by the HTguide After Midnight section. It's FUN!!!

Comment

• rich0372
                                      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by zeus75
                                      Just purchased the 1066 and 1075. Was wondering what audio interconnects everybody used. Not looking to spend a fortune.

jason
                                      I just got MIT cables to replace the monster ones I had it made a noticable difference for the better much more detail and seperation. I'm going back to get new speaker wire today

Comment

• Dmantis
                                        Moderator Emeritus
                                        • Jun 2004

Speaker wire and Interconnects are as Important as the speakers and sources you connect them 2.Many many good brands out there.There is also alot of crap.Alot of it.Not a easy task to wire ones system correctly.Matching is key.

Personally I listen to my systems needs and then look for cables that suits "Its"needs.Once you start listening to different cables,you'll come to find each company has a certain tone.

There is companies I fully support and some I shy away from.The owner of this web site has his own line of cables.Might be worth checking out as other members have suggested.One day when I get around to it,I plan on checking them out myself.

Comment

• Lex
                                          Moderator Emeritus
                                          • Apr 2001

Rich, you could have supported the sponsor of this forum, and probably noticed even more difference unless you really spent a lot of money on your MITs. Silvercats or Kingcats for rotel gear is like peanut butter and jelly, they just go together. Cattails, one of the best values in speaker cables around.

However, it is refreshing to know that more members than ever are supporting the cable sponsors of this forum for cables. I expect that once they start getting to use them, and start to talk about them, a whole lot more people will be looking for CATs and Quantums.

Dmantis, I can hardly wait.

Doug
                                          Doug

Comment

• pbarata
                                            • Feb 2003

Zeus, I’ve QED Qunex 2 between RSP-1066 and RMB-1075. For line-level connection between RSP-1066 and RCD-1070 I’m using QED Qunex 3. QED is an affordable brand and probably in comparison with other cables in the same price range, difficult to beat both in quality and transparency (http://www.qed.co.uk/cables/incon/qunex_3.html).
                                            Movies: Samsung LCD LE37A557, Rotel RSP-1066 & RMB-1075, Sony PS3, VdH D-102 Hybrid III interc, QED XT-350 & Supra Rondo 4x2,5 speaker cable, QED Qunex P75 coax, Monitor Audio Silver 5i/8i/10i speakers, REL Quake sub, QED Qunex SR-SW subwoofer cable, IXOS XHT458 HDMI, Supra LoRad, Isotek Mini Sub GII;
                                            Music: Rega Planar 3, Goldring 1042, Vincent PHO-8, Krell KAV-280cd, Krell KAV-400xi, B&W 703, Siltech SQ-28 Classic G5 (XLR), Siltech LS-68 Classic Mk2, Nordost Vishnu, QED Qonduit MDH6.

Comment

• RisingPhoenix
                                              • Apr 2004

I Also use QED Quenex2 between my many changing processors and 1080 and 1095.

I found mine great value for money however, i have been seriously considering the switch to cat, and seriously considering running cat speaker cable thru my new home if it is ever built..Darn local councils!

Steve

Comment

• Azeke
                                                Super Senior Member
                                                • Mar 2003

I am currently using MIT AVT3 cables for the most part. There are many companies out there, it basically comes down to the point of the diminishing returns issue.

I've heard that Cat Cables give good bang for the buck, I've also heard that Radio Shack's Fusion cables give good return for the money.

The eventual choice will vary depending on your budget, equipment, and listening taste. I would test varying cables to determine which is right for you. Despite what people may say, cables make a difference, esp., build quality.

Also, just FYI, your cable must burned in before a complete evaluation, and this can vary depending on the cable.

Some experts say that 10-15% of your budget should be alloted for cables. YMMV.

Regards,

Azeke

Comment

• Lex
                                                  Moderator Emeritus
                                                  • Apr 2001

ok, at this point, I'd like to clarify that this message was originally posted in 2003. so, it's pretty safe to say the poster's original questions have probably been answered and whatever he got, he got.

Since this is a cable company sponsored forum and we have said no talk about supporting accessories and equipment in Club Rotel before, I do not want to see additional links for competing cable brands at this point, so I am going to ask that you guys let this thread rest. I could close it or delete it, but I will save that for last resort. I think it's enough to say the original poster's questions have been answered, end of story.

Lex
                                                  Doug

Comment

• Azeke
                                                    Super Senior Member
                                                    • Mar 2003

My apologies Lex, I guess we've used up our bonus points .

Regards,

Azeke

Comment

• Tarbaby
                                                      • Feb 2004

I use outlaw cables, good value, and same OCC conductors as very expensive Harmonic Tech and Acoustic Zen cables. And Musical II from Element Cable, it is the Belden 89259 IC with bullet plug at the best price I can find.

Comment

• rich0372
                                                        • Jul 2004

I'm sorry Lex as I'm kinda new here and did not know

Comment

Working...
                                                        Searching...Please wait.
                                                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                        Search Result for "|||"