X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kens1
    • Mar 2005

Swan 6.1 speakers?

I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with the swan 6.1 speakers? I came across them on the audio insider website. They are very reasonably priced and look similar to the old swan divas which use to get very good reviews. I thought swan did not make speakers anymore. According to the website I could buy the home theater package that includes these speakers, a centre, surrounds and sub for around $2000.00 us.
    Of course this price has raised my curiousity as well as my skeptisism. Is this a get what you pay for scenario or a really good buy?
    Any input on these speakers would be greatly appreciated.
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

They're actually very similar to the speakers I built for my own system and they mate very well. They'll sound very smooth and warm but still have decent detail in the upper end. If you want to get a feel for what the tweeter sounds like see if there's any local Polk dealers around as the LSi line uses the same vifa XT25 tweeter.

Comment

• Howie
      • Feb 2003

I've had 4 of the Swan Diva 6.1's for going on 3 years now, and I couldn't be happier. I think I could have spent a lot more money for a more name brand just to get comparable performance. But I don't know much of anything about the newer Swan models.
      Howie

Comment

• ds22030
        • Sep 2004

Actually, the swans do not use the vifa... the onix rockets through av123.com do use vifa....this dang name of swans is soooo messsssed up...there appears to be like 3 different companies using the same word...

Comment

• Howie
          • Feb 2003

Originally posted by ds22030
          Actually, the swans do not use the vifa... the onix rockets through av123.com do use vifa....this dang name of swans is soooo messsssed up...there appears to be like 3 different companies using the same word...
          That's where I bought my speakers - AV123 - but it was before they came out with the Rockets. The Rockets are supposedly an upgrade, but I have not heard them.
          Howie

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"