X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EAmin
    • Aug 2004

1098 - Upgrading from 1.1.6 to 2.1.3 for 7.1 setup

Guys, I'm currently running 1.1.6 on my 1098. I'm installing an additional two surrounds on Saturday. I'm looking to update the 1098 software to 2.1.3 as it has what I need for ProIIx, and it seemed to be a stable update. I wanted to have it upgraded so my installer can calibrate it with the new settings.

I'm getting the 2.1.3 firmware from Kevin D's post: http://www.htguide.com/forum/showpos...1&postcount=27 and using the following EPROM update from the Rotel site: http://www.rotel.com/support/techups/techup-H20.htm
    I didn't want to wait for the 2.1.7 software as I don't see much benefit for me. Plus, I would like to wait until it is stable before proceeding with that upgrade at a later day. From what I've read, 2.1.3 seems to have been a pretty stable release.

Anybody see any issues with this? Please advise.
  • Azeke
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2003

EAmin,

Just ensure the you perform EPROM first, and then the 2.13 upgrade, and also follow the directions to the letter. I had not experienced any stability issues with that upgrade.

7.1 channels is a beautiful thing, the center backs add another dimension to the sound, completely enveloping you in the experience. Just be aware that the center back speakers should be a match in tonal quality, IMHO.

Keep us posted, I'm interested in knowing if the experience is a overwhelming to you as it was to me (after upgrading my cb speakers ).

Good luck,

Azeke

Comment

• skipm
      • Jun 2003

EAmin-

It appears to be a good game plan to me. I say do it. v2.13 was very stable.

-Skip

Comment

• Fishy
        • Jul 2004

Also remember to do a system reset once you have updated the firmware and software.

Fish

Comment

• EAmin
          • Aug 2004

You guys are great! Thanks much for the help.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"