X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stevebez
    • Oct 2003

Zone 2 Revisited

OK... So hooking up Zone 2 now.

The question I have is as follows ... I have the Sat receiver and DVD all hooked up by S-Video & Toslink and Component & Digital Coax respectively.

Now if I understand the procedure properly I need to run a separate set of analogue leads for sound from both sources to get the input required to pass through to Zone 2.

This might sound like a novice question but can I hook up the second set of analogue leads onto the same input channels as I used for the DVD and Sat Receiver. I.e. so for the DVD for example I will have component & composite and digital coax and stereo phono inputs all inputing to the one channel (e.g. Video2). If so how would the RSP know which video input to use for that source? The audio is assignable in the menu but if I assign coax what happens to the stereo phono inputs ?

I think what was meant in another thread is I would run the analogue leads to a second set of inputs from the sources to 2 DIFFERENT and unused inputs on the RSP and have these pass through to Zone 2. If this is the case then I have hopelessly to few available inputs.

If the latter is the case then Zone 2 needs some homework. Each channel then should have its own analogue Zone 2 video and audio inputs. This may result in a whole bunch of additional RCA inputs on the back panel - but what else can you do ?

Any advice welcome

Rgds Steve.
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

You will run everything to the same video input. For the main zone for audio, if a digital signal is present it will automatically use it instead of the analog. Zone 2 will always use the analog.

For video, the main zone goes in order from component, s-video, then composite. So if you have component connected it will send component out. Otherwise it will go down the line until it finds an active input type to convert to component. Zone 2 will always use the composite.

Basically, the analog video and audio are hard coded to that input, but if something better is assigned AND has a signal, it will use that.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Stevebez
      • Oct 2003

Thats fabulous - will try that out today... thanks Kevin.

Rgds Steve.

Comment

• Stevebez
        • Oct 2003

What is the max cable length zone 2 will output video?

I have a 15m run ... is this too long ? Currently picture is b&w with what looks like some interference. Trying to locate problem.

Regards Steve.

Comment

• Kevin D
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Oct 2002

15m isn't too long at all. Keep looking!

Kevin D.

Comment

• Stevebez
            • Oct 2003

Zone 2 sorted ... thanks!

One thing though 1068 remains quite warm with zone on and with main in standby. Is this normal?

Rgds Steve.

Comment

• Mark_C.
              • Jan 2003

Yes. For all intents and purposes, the RSP remains "On'' even if it's powered off with Zone 2 left on. I have the 1066, but I always manually shut down Zone 2 before powering off the unit.

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"