X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • will1066
    • Aug 2003

I feel sad

I'm not contributing much here anymore. I can no longer be of much service as more and more members acquire newer Rotel models. Everyday, I take a glance here and see threads on the 1068, 1056, etc. I am obsolete.

• OakIris
    • Dec 2003

I'm sure you must be kidding! I took a look at your system - looks pretty nice to me. I just bought an RMB1075, so you can help me whenever you want! And, I'm using the RSX1055, which is in the archived sections of the Rotel website - I think my system is more obsolete than yours is.

Besides, I bet your system is all nicely burned in and has great synergy; like many others here, I'm still trying to get there with mine.

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

Will I some how doubt that you've got nothing to contribute here....and even if that were true in this area there's always the other areas of the guide site that would be of interest no matter what gear you own.

Comment

• will1066
        • Aug 2003

I'm jokingly serious, OakIris. Thanks for your compliments on my system. I know you will enjoy your new 1075, along with your 1055.

Andrew, I guess I have been complacent lately. There are no easy questions that I can answer. I need to work harder around here, seek out threads more closely, and help out. I visit the other areas of htguide, but this here is my home. Lately, Club Rotel has felt distant to me. I'm not one to hide my feelings, so I just wanted to express them.

I've been through a lot here... the 1066 bass management era, the 1098 vs. 1066 balance-of-power struggle, convincing Azeke to get a RB-1080, the power cord wars, the glowing volume knob mystery, Bing Fung contracting Rotelitis, convincing Aussie Geoff to log off and get some sleep, the surprise visit by fellow Aussie Hugh Jackman needing help with his 1098...

OK, I obviously have a very fertile imagination, but I really did convince Azeke to get that 1080, and Bing Fung really did come down with a bad case of Rotel fever.

Comment

• DelRay
          • Jun 2004

WOW! You know Hugh Jackman. :T

Comment

• Azeke
            Super Senior Member
            • Mar 2003

And of course it is much appreciated Will, I am now 7.1 with DoProIIx, a beautiful thing, and I owe it all to you .

Regards,

Azeke

Comment

• JDH
              • Sep 2004

Originally posted by will1066
              I'm jokingly serious, OakIris. Thanks for your compliments on my system. I know you will enjoy your new 1075, along with your 1055.

Andrew, I guess I have been complacent lately. There are no easy questions that I can answer. I need to work harder around here, seek out threads more closely, and help out. I visit the other areas of htguide, but this here is my home. Lately, Club Rotel has felt distant to me. I'm not one to hide my feelings, so I just wanted to express them.

I've been through a lot here... the 1066 bass management era, the 1098 vs. 1066 balance-of-power struggle, convincing Azeke to get a RB-1080, the power cord wars, the glowing volume knob mystery, Bing Fung contracting Rotelitis, convincing Aussie Geoff to log off and get some sleep, the surprise visit by fellow Aussie Hugh Jackman needing help with his 1098...

OK, I obviously have a very fertile imagination, but I really did convince Azeke to get that 1080, and Bing Fung really did come down with a bad case of Rotel fever.
              One question on the RSP-1066, are Rotel likely to issue any further firmware updates for it. My RSP-1066 has firmware version 2.5, there is 2.6 which from the description is mean't to solve the popping issue with digital input changes. When I get the chance I'll have to make up a cable and try and perform the upgrade. Are there any known issues using Windows XP with SP2 installed?
              Bits of HT & 2ch Stuff: Rotel, Pro-ject, Oppo, Bel Canto, Elektra Audio, Benchmark, Panasonic, DSPeaker, Epson, Slim Devices, Belkin, Philips Pronto, Harmony, URC, Sennheisser, AKG, HTPC under development, KEF, Whatmough, Definitive Technology & Pardigm Signiture speakers

Comment

• Azeke
                Super Senior Member
                • Mar 2003

Originally posted by JDH
                One question on the RSP-1066, are Rotel likely to issue any further firmware updates for it. My RSP-1066 has firmware version 2.5, there is 2.6 which from the description is mean't to solve the popping issue with digital input changes. When I get the chance I'll have to make up a cable and try and perform the upgrade. Are there any known issues using Windows XP with SP2 installed?
                Perhaps, I should let Will answer these questions, but I will elaborate .

I am almost certain there will be no further updates for the RSP-1066, unless something major occurs.

You should be able to utilize WinXP SP2 for your upgrade, you just may want to download Hyperterminal PE, and ensure your DIY cable is made to specifications. Also ensure that you follow all instructions to the letter.

Regards,

Azeke

Comment

• will1066
                  • Aug 2003

Yeah, what Azeke said.

Unfortunately, I don't know Mr. Jackman, but I did see his Broadway show, The Boy From Oz, here in NYC.

Comment

• KathyMason
                    • Nov 2004

will1066, don't feel obsolete. You're not quite there yet. Be proud of your system, many would envy such a system. There are many people using the same Rotel equipment you have, you just don't see them here, they are enjoying listening to the music, only very few show up here! I didn't even
                    know of Club Rotel until some one told me from the audioreview forum.

Comment

• triDave
                      • Dec 2003

Will it be more upgrades for 1068?!?

Originally posted by Azeke
                      Perhaps, I should let Will answer these questions, but I will elaborate .

I am almost certain there will be no further updates for the RSP-1066, unless something major occurs.

You should be able to utilize WinXP SP2 for your upgrade, you just may want to download Hyperterminal PE, and ensure your DIY cable is made to specifications. Also ensure that you follow all instructions to the letter.

Regards,

Azeke
                      I even doubt that it will be more updates for 1068, atleast nothing more than bugfixes.

Dave

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"