X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Corybuff
    • Jan 2003

1066 new model!?

Now that the dust has settled on the new 1098 are there any rumblings on a new replacement model for the 1066..I know these are closely guarded secrets but was just wondering if there were any rumors. Rotel could really trump everyone with some DVI inputs and outputs on a new model!!
  • Danbry39
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Sep 2002

Haven't heard anything about a "new" lower end pre-pro from Rotel. The 1066 has held up pretty well because of the numerous firmware and some hardware changes. As far as DVI, a Rotel rep recently addressed that issue here at Club Rotel:

5. When will we see the newer digital interfaces show up in Rotel products? (i.e. DVI, FireWire, HDMI, etc...)

More royalty payments for little benefit for most customers. To add any or all of these digital video connections requires a fundamental redesign of the receiver or processor. We would all hope for a simple "upgrade" but it looks hardly likely but never say never. This is an area we are working on but it's not simply adding a few sockets on the back of the box. One question is what sockets can we drop off and another is what will the user want to interface with the unit.

I strongly suggest looking at the websites of DVI, HDMI and 1394 to see what they are saying and how it relates to you the user. Most of these connections earn good royalties for the owners and prevent you from using the audio & video signals how you may wish. Convince me it's for a better picture or better sound please? Of course Rotel will have to adopt some or all but timming is not known.
    By the way, good to have you aboard and posting here at Club Rotel.

Keith
    Keith

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

I'm sure they're thinking about it but I don't think we'll see anything for awhile yet.

Comment

• Mark_C.
        • Jan 2003

Yikes! The 1066 has been out only a year. Let those of us who have one enjoy it a little bit longer before we start yearning for newer, brighter and bigger. High expectations, I guess, are the reason manufacturers these days feel pressured to get new products to market ASAP.

Comment

• zeppelin
          • May 2003

1 thing about audio product is that you can use it for years to come, its not like in the IT world where the technology is going so fast that you can render your 6 mths old pc that you bought to be slow compare to a newer processor or hardware.
          I've been upgrading my pc about 3 times a year to keep up but not with my audio equipment its been about 5 years before I bought my new RSP1066, previously I'm using a Pioneer SPD07 processor the 1st generation of AC3 and couple with an analog Fosgate THX Model Three processor for the Dolby Prologic Surround. Now both of the old processors basically sitting there collecting dust with no value into it.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"