X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • andrew555
    • Feb 2005

Rotel RSX 1056

I bought one yesterday to replace my 2 channel intergrated Rotel amp and to also upgrade for home cinema.

I have been playing this receiver in 2 channel mode with bypass on, which is supposed to cut out all the digital circuits and direct the analog signal straight to volume.

Much to my dismay the sound is awful, it sounds really muddy and dull not as full as my RA 971. Am I expecting too much from a multi channel v2 a dedicated 2 channel amp?

I'm really tempted to take it back to the retailer for a refund.

Has anyone had a similar experience?

Thanks
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Try it running direct through the multi-inputs.. If you get the same results then it's possible the it's just not up to your RA971.. I would call the retailer tomorrow and let them know. Give it a week to break in and if you still get the same results bring it back..

The preamp section is really good in the 1055, but it may be the integrated amps in it that do not compare to the ones in the RA-971...

Kevin D.

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"