X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zoso
    • Jun 2003

Another rsx-1055 question...

I am planning on buying my rsx-1055 on Saturday as planned but before i do my Rotel dealer is going to give me a demo model to take home Friday to test out. I always figure no matter how good someone says a receiver is or how great it sounds in the store (and it did sound great), the best test for new equipment is to bring it home first. However, i have one last question. I have read many posts here describing the superior musical quality of the 1055 compared to other receivers (like the Denon 3803..my other choice) but what i'd like to know is your opinions on how the 1055 rates when used mainly as a home theater receiver?

Thanks again for all the help.
  • Jsapp
    • Jun 2003

Well please take this with a grain of salt as I have only had my RSX for 2 weeks now. I had a Denon 1603 (basically same speaker setup Paradigm Monitor 7s CC370 Pw2200 Min rears).

I have watched Harry Potter Chamber of Secrets, 007 Die Another day plus 2 music DVDs Eagles Hell Freezes over and Diana Krall Live in Paris.

I found that the RSX never sounded strained (altough I do need to turn it up to about 60 out of 90 to get "reference" or close levels. The rear effects are excellent much more enveloping than the denon. I was very impressed with really quite scens like when Harry and ron are in the woods that the noise floor is very low and all the little details stand out.On music DVDs there is no doubt the Rotel shines through.

That siad if Iwere buying a reciever that was 75% or more for HT I think you can get comperable or better performance for MOVIES with a similary priced Denon 3803, HK 525 or Pioneer Elite or even NAD. The RSX 1055 is an Excellent stero receiver and a really good HT one. The others are good to really good in stero and really good to excellent in HT.

I too had to choose between 1055 and 3803. The Rotel dealer acutually gave me just as good a trade in as the Denon dealer so in the end the price differnce between the 2 wasn't much so I went with the Rotel. If there was 2-3 hundred in the difference and it was mostly HT I certainly would consider the denon.

If you are like me you will get the Rotel becuase you WANT it. :LOL:

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

Since you havet the oppertunity take it home and give it a try...I'm willing to bet you'll love it. As something to keep in mind if a receiver does music very well i.e. it can resolve subtle detail why is that not a good thing for movies as well? Sure movies have cool loud FX but there's also a lot of dialog and subtle ambience that needs to be resolved as well...as they say the devils in the details and its there where you'll cut the cream from the rest of the other pretenders.

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍
      👎
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"