X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zoso
    • Jun 2003

RMB-1066...bridgeable

I was looking through a copy of Audio Ideas Guide Almanac 2003 and i noticed something about the RMB-1066 being bridgeable. This is a new term to me so can someone explain what this means. The specs for the amp are 6x60 or 3x150(bridgeable). Would this mean i could power the fronts and center with 150 instead of getting the RB-1070 and only powering the fronts with 130?
  • dali
    • Jul 2002

Yes.

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

Yes that would work very well...providing your mains aren't 4 ohm loads.

Comment

• ht_addict
        • Dec 2002

Zoso,

If your interested in getting a RMB-1066 drop me a line. I have a 19mth old RMB-1066 Im looking to sell due to an extremely sweet deal I got on a RMB-1095(18% below cost). As far as running it bridged, it works like a charm in this mode. When I first got the amp I had a Denon 1801 which powered the rears and the Rotel powering the Fronts/Center in bridged mode. I put it through a torture test of DVD's(SPR DTS to name one, and anything else with intensive action). Not once did it go into protective mode or get warm to the touch. Drop me a line if interested. I still have a reciept for remainder of warranty. I'm looking for $700(MSRP $1000) and I'll throw in some Ultralink RCA cables for free.

Kevin
        ht_addict@yahoo.ca

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"