• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • elhefe
    • May 2011

Sound of your Musical Fidelity gear

We have a thread on pictures... lets start one for sound

Here is mine.

HiFi: ClearAudio Concept TT, Musical Fidelity M6i amp and M6 DAC, M1s (PWR,CDT, CLiC, ViNL), SONY MDSJA20ES MDP, ProAc D18 with full Siltech cabling.

HeadFi: Beyerdynamic T1 and Oppo HA-1

HT: Samsung 65" Curve LED, OPPO BDP 95-EU, Yamaha RX-V2067, PMC twenty 23 front and Centre, Wharfedale WH2, SVS Sub, with full QED cabling
  • Doug
    • Aug 2000

cool rack of gear. Lively sound! I am getting to where I like horizontal displays of gear a lot more than vertical racks. I have a vertical, but I also have a lower display of stuff, not one rack, but a similar effect under my screen.

Great job

Yes, I am still Lex, I have a posting personality disorder, posting as Doug some...

Doug

Comment

• Audio_ElF
      • Oct 2007

Originally posted by elhefe
      I'm curious about your setup and what you're using...
      HiFi: Musical Fidelity M6i, M1s (CDT, DAC, CLiC, HPA), Onkyo TA2600, SONY MDSJA20ES MDP, BRIK Audio BT Stage, ClearAudio TurnTable, ProAc D18, full Siltech cabling
      From what I can see from your YouTube video you have a M1PWR in there too.

What are you using to power your ProAcs? The M6i or the M1HPA + M1PWR or the M1CLiC + M1PWR??

Ahhhggg ... all confused. :-)

Eloise

Comment

• elhefe
        • May 2011

Originally posted by Doug
        cool rack of gear. Lively sound! I am getting to where I like horizontal displays of gear a lot more than vertical racks. I have a vertical, but I also have a lower display of stuff, not one rack, but a similar effect under my screen.

Great job

Yes, I am still Lex, I have a posting personality disorder, posting as Doug some...

Doug
        Thanks Doug/Lex. Yes, I previously prefered vertical stack but as the number of kit increases, it started to look odd. Hence, custom purchase this wooden rack from http://www.atsrack.com/products.html and everything fits plus some spare space for future kit
        HiFi: ClearAudio Concept TT, Musical Fidelity M6i amp and M6 DAC, M1s (PWR,CDT, CLiC, ViNL), SONY MDSJA20ES MDP, ProAc D18 with full Siltech cabling.

HT: Samsung 65" Curve LED, OPPO BDP 95-EU, Yamaha RX-V2067, PMC twenty 23 front and Centre, Wharfedale WH2, SVS Sub, with full QED cabling

Comment

• elhefe
          • May 2011

Originally posted by Audio_ElF
          I'm curious about your setup and what you're using...

From what I can see from your YouTube video you have a M1PWR in there too.

What are you using to power your ProAcs? The M6i or the M1HPA + M1PWR or the M1CLiC + M1PWR??

Ahhhggg ... all confused. :-)

Eloise
          Audio_Elf,

My bad for not updating my signature.

I am actually bi-amping my ProAc... The M6i drives the woofer and the M1 PWR drives the tweeter. CLiC is connected to M6i via its fixed output RCA. And the HPA have been semi-retired to office duties ie my set up in my office.

My review on the pairing of M1 PWR and M6i can be found at http://www.notanotherhifiblog.blogsp...power-amp.html

Comment

• Audio_ElF
            • Oct 2007

Originally posted by elhefe
            I am actually bi-amping my ProAc... The M6i drives the woofer and the M1 PWR drives the tweeter. CLiC is connected to M6i via its fixed output RCA. And the HPA have been semi-retired to office duties ie my set up in my office.

My review on the pairing of M1 PWR and M6i can be found at http://www.notanotherhifiblog.blogsp...power-amp.html
            Thanks for the description.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"