To all Lexicon MC-1/DC-1/2 owners: Please help?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nobleman
    • Feb 2004

To all Lexicon MC-1/DC-1/2 owners: Please help?

Hi,

Is there a way you can have the 'Loudness Contour' 'on' without it having an effect on the LFE channel - by that I mean that it doesn't boost the bass frequencies on the subwoofer channel as it does the front three channels?

The reason why I ask is that having experimented extensively between having the 'Loudness Contour' both on and off, I have found that on all accounts having the 'Loudness Contour' off, makes the bass noticably more cleaner, tighter and defined from the LFE channel. But, what you gain from a better LFE channel, you lose in the front three channels in terms of fullness and dynamics.

Surely there must be a way of having the Loudness Contour on without the processor giving a boost the the LFE channel?
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

Sorry I missed this post until now.

I suggest, set loudness to on, then calibrate subwoofer to standard volume. The only problem with this, is when you convert to loudness off, you'll have to reset the sub.

You could of course, control sub volume for only some sound formats, like DD, DTS, I think. Play a DVD of that type, then check your menu system to get to sound format controls.

Lex
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"