X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jon SS
    • Oct 2002

Lexicon vs proceed

Is Lexicon considered higher end than Proceed? Can anybody compare the 2 channel sound of the MC-12B to the Proceed AVP (2)? I figure the MC-8 will be a similar sound to the MC-12 and was trying to get an idea of how it would compare to Proceed.

Thanks
  • RedStep
    • Sep 2002

No Sir, Proceed is a premier product. One of the first to bring high end at an afordable price, with software upgrade ability. There is also a trickle-down effect as Proceed benefits from the R&D from Mark Levinson products. And this is not to say better than Lexicon.
    The sound IMHO is decent, good but nothing to brag about. From what I can gather there are several product to concider in the pre/pro market:

1) B&K Ref 50 (my personal choice :LOL: )
    2) Rotel RSP 1066 (probably best value)
    3) Anthem AV 20 (great product)

These are the ones to research, Lexicon is a solid product line, just not mentioned in the same conversation when discussing quality, affordable pre/pros ....

Of course, this is only opinion and not to be taken seriously, by any means. :W

RedStep
    We are truly a product of the decisions we make
    RedStep
    We are truly a product of the decisions we make

Comment

• Lex
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Apr 2001

Actually, Lexicon just got in the same arena with Proceed on the MC-12. Of course, in some ways, their software has been superior for a while, just not the hardware.

As far as amps, Lexicon's re-badging of Bryston, hardly made them Lexicon's really. The HPA series amps, are original proceed, and of impecible build quality. (Sherman Tank comes to mind). I think Proceed was a higher end co, before Harman bought them, though they did have some failed attempts. In many ways, it was a low end Levinson. In fact, the HPA series shares some internal componentry with mark Levinson amps. Pretty nice standards to follow.

I'll put my HPA-2 at 250 watts per channel up against most anything out there, short of 15-20k+ amps.

Lex

Cable Guy DVD Collection
      Doug
      "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• sfdoddsy
        • Sep 2000

Sonic differences (if any) aside, Proceed have been a prime example of overpriced (sorry, expensive) gear promising upgrades but never delivering.

If you do a search at AVS about Proceed, you will find constant complaints about out of date technology, no upgrade path and just plain bad customer service.

Or you could buy a Lex.

Steve's DIY Dipoles
        Steve's OB Journey

Comment

• Lex
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Apr 2001

Steve, we had the same comments here when we had a separate proceed club. Howeer, let's be sure and differentiate between the amps and the pre-processors. With the former being a rock solid piece, even if expensive, and the latter well, being for the most part, hung out to dry after they bought.

Lex

Cable Guy DVD Collection
          Doug
          "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"