X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chameleon
    • Jun 2002

integra dtr 7.1? dtr 6.2?

Any opinions on sound quality for stereo? for 5.1 (dolby digital/dts)? features? price? I'm trying to figure out which one to get? I appreciate your outputs. Thanks
  • Burke Strickland
    • Sep 2001

Chameleon -

Welcome to the HT Guide and Club Integra!

Either of the two receivers you are considering would be fine performers. In fact their key performance specifications are virtually identical and they have the same number of inputs (although the DTR7.1's analog input for DVD-Audio or SACD is 7.1 while the DTR6.2's is 5.1). It comes down, then. to a matter of which unit has the features you want at a price you are willing to fork over. :>)

DTR 6.2

• Five discrete channels of power, (100W x 5 w/ 0.08% THD)
    • 96kHz/24 bit DAC, on each channel,
    • Dolby Digital, DTS and Dolby Pro Logic II decoding,
    • two professional grade component video inputs for HDTV or progressive DVDs
    • phono input
    • Y/C separator that converts a composite signal to an S-Video signal to simplify the connection of all your video sources.
    • 3 Audio Inputs
    • 4 Assignable Digital Inputs
    • 5.1 Multi-Channel Analog Inputs

DTR 7.2

• 6 channels of independent amplification, (100W x 6 w/ 0.08% THD) (means you can have a powered rear center w/o a separate amp)
    • 96kHz/24-bit DAC x 8
    • Dolby Digital, Pro Logic, DTS and DTS-ES Matrix, THX Surround EX-encoded DVD's
    • two professional grade component video inputs for HDTV or progressive DVDs
    • RS-232 terminal that allows you to use touchscreen controllers from other manufacturers,
    • infrared-sensor input on the back panel so you can control the DTR-7.1 from another room or if it's inside a cabinet (with optional accessories),
    • two assignable and configurable 12-volt triggers to activate your power amps, drop the screen, close the drapes, dim the lights, etcetera
    • phono input
    • powered Zone 2 audio output
    • THX-Select certification
    • Audio Inputs 3
    • Assignable Digital Inputs 4
    • Multi-Channel Analog Inputs 7.1

Note that the 7.1 lacks Dolby ProLogic II and the y/c separator which converts composite to S-Video. The 6.2 lacks the extra channel of amplification and a number of other conveneince features.

To get all of the above in one Integra receiver, you would need to move up to a higher level unit in the line. But that would cost more. Seems the street price of the DTR7.1 is about $1,000 while the DTR6.2 goes gor about $100 less than that. But since Integra does not authorize any e-commerce sales, you'll need to check with their authorized dealers for actual pricing. Their dealer locator is at: http://www.integrahometheater.com/locations.cfm

For more detailed info on the Integra receiver models, check out the Integra Home Theater reciever listings at: http://www.integrahometheater.com/pr...class=receiver

Others may want to jump in here with further discussion about the merits of the various features of these units to help sort through which are important or not for you.

Good luck and let us know what you decide!

Burke

What you DON'T say may be held against you...

Comment

• chameleon
      • Jun 2002

burke,
      thanks for your response. Do you know the street price of these two receivers? how do they compare to the Onkyo txds898 in terms of performance (stereo, dolby digital and dts?

Comment

• chameleon
        • Jun 2002

I finally went with the dtr 7.1. Thanks for the recommendation. It is a great sounding receiver (very detailed -it revealed sound in familiar songs that I never heard before) and it has useful features (such as the speaker distance setting) Too bad it doesn't have prologic II but I am very satisfied with my purchase. Thanks again

Comment

• Burke Strickland
          • Sep 2001

I'm glad you are satisfied that you made the right choice with your new receiver. I'm sure it will give you a lot of listening pleasure with music -- and movies, once you get past re-listening to all your CDs . :>)

Enjoy!

Burke

Comment

• chameleon
            • Jun 2002

Burke,
            I have a question about using the integra's crossover for the sub (I mean bypassing the sub's internal crossover) Is this a good idea soundwise? I know I will not be able to change the cutoff frequency, but I always set it to 80 hz anyway.
            thanks for your response.

Comment

• Burke Strickland
              • Sep 2001

Typically, if you pass the full range signal to the sub and connect your main speakers from it, you would use the sub's x-over to limit the effective range of the signal handled by the sub. If you use the line level "subwoofer out" from the receiver, it will be using the receiver's crossover.

The effect on the sound should be the same since the crossover frequncy would be the same -- unless there is a significant difference in the "roll off" characteristics of the crossovers. The definitive way to know if there is any audible difference that makes a difference to you is to try it both ways and leave it arranged the way the is more pleasing to you.

Burke

Comment

• chameleon
                • Jun 2002

Burke,
                I am using the line level connection option, it worked well and sounded great. thanks again

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"