X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • J.H.
    • Nov 2005

B&K 200.1 S2 questions?

I am thinking of replacing my 5 channel amp with B&K 200.1 S2 mono amps. Anyone have these amps? I thinking I'm going to get three 200.1's for the left,center,right channels and then the 200.2 S2 for surrounds. What do you B&K fans think of this setup? Any info on this amp at all will be appreciated? Thanks J.H.
  • J.H.
    • Nov 2005

Anyone? Very little traffic in the B&K section huh? J.H.

Comment

• Dmantis
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jun 2004

Hello,
      Yes the traffic is a bit slow but we get around from time to time.

Which 5 channel amp do you have? Are you in need of more power? What about going to the 200.5 if you don't already own a reference amp?

What speakers do you have?

The monos would be killer no matter what but all those powercords need to be plugged in. The Ref200.5 is a killer 5 channel amp

Dan

Comment

• J.H.
        • Nov 2005

I have a older THX Parasound 5 channel amp at 140 watts per channel. I have Definitive technology speakers and a Parasound 7100 processor that might be replaced soon with an Arcam AVP-700 but thats a whole other story. I just have always wanted mono amps. Have you heard the B&K 200.1s? Am I talking to someone from B&K? Thanks for the help J.H.

Comment

• Dmantis
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Jun 2004

No I have not heard the 200.1's but I have Installed alot of B&K products over the years Including all there 2 channel and multichannel amps.
          I find that the B&K ref200.5 or 7 is more power and control then most people need. For Def tech speakers I believe it would be fantastic.

You can go mono's which should yield the best sound quality but It might be alittle overkill. Only you can decide this.

Good luck man, report back with what you decide to do. I would like to hear about the Mono's
          I don't work for B&K I'm a Audio Video Installer Programmer
          Dan

Comment

• J.H.
            • Nov 2005

Now I have heard people say it might be "overkill". What exactly does that mean? How about these two ideas. #1 getting 3 B&K mono amps and the 200.2 for surround or #2 getting 2 B&K mono amps for keft and right front channels and then the 200.5 and steeping into the DDEX/DTS ES world? How does that sound? J.H.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"