X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spkerguy
    • Jun 2005

Lexicon or Meridian G8J Processor?

Hello everyone,

If you had to choose between lexicon and meridian for a processor, which would you choose and why? I'm between the MC-8 and a meridian G8J processor.

THanks,

Michael
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

Michael, I am not familiar with the Meridian. I've been a Lexicon user for a long time.

I've had a DC-1, an MC-1 and now the MC-12. If I had it to do over again, I'd likely gotten the MC-8. But a dealer had a 12 near me and made me a deal at the time.

What you get with Lexicon is ease of setup and use on a daily basis. Nothing is ever complicated about how to use it really. Simplicity in form and function, but powerful.

That's why I've never really thought about another processor. My Lexicons have also been reliable.

So, you may have to find some input on Meridian elsewhere likely, as I have not heard of anyone having one around here myself.

Goodluck,
    Doug
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• spkerguy
      • Jun 2005

Thanks for your reply. I love the ease of use of the lexicons myself. My DC-1 was so easy to set up when I got it and for what I read all lexicons basically set up the same way. I'll read up on the MC-8. Thanks for the suggestion.

Comment

• Lex
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Apr 2001

Well, the MC-8 will setup almost identical to a DC-1, just more parameters and options.

I like the Lex myself, I doubt seriously the Meridian will be anywhere near as simple to setup and use, just guessing... But I guess some people like them, and I would think they do sound good probably. A little tougher to get service on maybe, not sure. Meridian being basically a british company I think.

Doug
        Doug
        "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Recruit
          • Jan 2005

Hi,

I have a Meridian G68J and it is an excellent performer for both Home Cinema and Music, i have heard a Lexicon MC8 albeit not in the same room and could not honestly say which is better at home cinema but i can definitly say that the Meridian is alot better with music.

Regards
          John

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"