X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chance
    • Dec 2004

Ref 30 problems with DD with HDTivo

Hello,

New to this forum. I was wondering if anyone out there having problems with their Ref 30 and the HiDef Tivo HD10-250 with DD 5.1? It seems when I watch the my HD stuff the sound is supposded to come out DD 5.1 but I get no sound. The only way I can get this to work is to change the input to another and back to the original Input. It seems that the Ref 30 is not picking out the input correctly. I have no problems with my Bravo D2 , but I do get this problem with my Tivo and Xbox.

I called B&K and they told me I need to upgrade the firmware to 2.11 and I have 2.05. I had to take it back to my dealer to do this and I was told they have to ship it out.

Isn't there a way for me to do it by myself? I know I connected to the Ref30 via a cable into my laptop. So there must be a way for me to do it myself. I just need the upgrade firmware file.

Thanks
  • Dmantis
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jun 2004

Hello,
    unfortunately no. The ref30 cannot be reprogrammed via software. the software is actually a hardware install. I know that sounds crazy but you change out the physical firmware card.If you don't know the inside of the ref30 well, you could damage it.

Send it out and get it fixed. I had the same exact problems with version 2.05.Thats a really old firmware version and 2.11 will fix you trouble..

Good luck,

Dan

Comment

• chance
      • Dec 2004

Dan,

Thanks for the reply back. I was hoping I didn't have to send it back.
      My problem is once I send it back I am out of my home theater for about 2 weeks. Which I can not live without.

My other option which I am leaning towards and I hate to do is to trade or sell my Ref 30 and put up the rest to upgrade to the Ref 50 S2.

Thanks for the help again.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"