The Integra Research RDC-7.1 on the IR website!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Razvan
    • Jan 2002

The Integra Research RDC-7.1 on the IR website!

Go to www.integraresearch.com

R
  • Burke Strickland
    • Sep 2001

Thanks for the heads up.

Not only is the RDC-7.1 finally there (although they don't say a whole lot about it and the product brochure isn't accessible yet), but they've radically redesigned the site itself... although several areas are "under construction", including the "Feedback" area (maybe they don't want any). :>) Needless to say, no word yet, either, on an upgrade program for current RDC-7 owners in the press news area (latest "bulletin" is the THX Ultra 2 upgrade announcement from 2 years ago). It will be interesting to see if they continue to offer the manuals online for older equipment once the download area is up and running.

But at least we now have signs that someone is awake over there at Integra Research. The site now has a fresher "look" and is more logical to navigate than the old format. I'm looking forward to the updated content to go along with the updated structure.

Burke

What you DON'T say may be held against you...

Comment

• pepar
      • Dec 2002

Even though this is slightly OT (based on the thread subject), I'm posting this here because Burke mentioned the upgrade above. I've been corresponding with O/IR over the last two weeks. Some of the exchanges have almost been in "real time" - certainly a refreshing change from emailing and never getting a reply. Been there, done that. Anyway, to the meat:

Me: "Thank you for your speedy reply! From your email, is it safe to assume that the Firewire upgrade is still planned and that it's just not ready yet?"

Onkyo USA Product Support: "Yes it is still planned. Expected release is the first quarter of '05."
      -
      Home theater renovation underway!

"The future is already here, it's just not evenly distributed." - William Gibson

"I like the future; I'm in it." - Firesign Theater

Comment

• Burke Strickland
        • Sep 2001

Integra Research now has the owner manual download area up and running on their revamped web site with the following manuals available:

Amplifier: RDA-7.1 and RDA-7
        DVD Player: RDV-1.1 and RDV-1
        Preamplifier: RDC-7 (with Upgrade Addendum)

While they do NOT have the RDC-7.1 manual posted yet, I am glad they continue to offer the manuals for legacy models.

Burke

Comment

• Steve Goff
          • Feb 2002

But the Integra site has a manual for the DTR 10.5, which gives one a good sense of what the RDC-7.1 will be like. I've downloaded that manual, and the interesting thing to me is that you can use DPL IIx and other surround modes on top of SACD, which says to me that they are converting the DSD stream to PCM. This is also suggested because, unlike with their new universal players, there is no mention (at least at first glance) of not having speaker distance settings for SACD. And as others have noted elsewhere, also included is a subwoofer notch filter, overlay of the processor OSD via i.Link on a DVD player's video output, excellent multi zone support (inlcuding an i.Link downmix to analogue feature), individual settings for every listening mode, individual crossover settings for every channel, and dual configurable sub outputs, among other things.
          Steve Goff

Comment

• Burke Strickland
            • Sep 2001

Doesn't seem a bit odd that they have the DTR 10.5 manual available on the Integra site but not the RDC-7.1 manual on the Integra Research site, since they are supposedly very close to shipping both?

Burke

Comment

• Steve Goff
              • Feb 2002

Could be, but there are enough differences that substantial changes are required, and different artwork. They've just made further changes to the site, adding product info sheets. It may not be long before the RDC-7.1 manual is available.
              Steve Goff

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"