X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mikepinkerton
    • Jun 2004

A51 - My jaw is on the floor

I just wanted to post and say I am amazed at the difference my new a51 makes for 2channel music and movies. I was using my Denon 4802 as a full receiver, but now just as a pre/pro. All that changed was the amp.

Music sparkles, more airy. Bass is tight in the low midrange. I can feel it more in the phantom center. No longer tubby and muddy. Much less fatigue when listening.

With movies, the soundstage is expanded. Sounds jump out of the speakers, as if the movie is playing out in real life 5 feet in front of me. I hear so much more detail.

I'm amazed. All that changed was the amp. Same pre/pro. Wow. I can't wait to check out a C2 (when they add DVI, ahem!).
    -Mike
  • nicholtl
    • Aug 2003

Sure makes a difference when a true 250 watts per channel is delivered, huh?

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
      Super Senior Member
      • Oct 2003

Mike,

Another happy member to the power-crazed club!!!

Too much power is never enough!

Enjoy!

Geoff

Comment

• Chris D
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Dec 2000

:banana:
        CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
        - Pleasantville

Comment

• nicholtl
          • Aug 2003

Chris, where do you get that banana?

Comment

• Pez
            • May 2004

I heard the A51 when I auditioned my speakers. Even though I love my rotel amp I would have no problems replacing it with the A51. Very impressive piece of equipment.

Comment

• Brian
              • May 2004

Why not just get an external DVI switcher?
              I mean, it's best not to having the video switching in the processor in order to maintain signal purity, yes?

Comment

• Chris D
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Dec 2000

Heheehee, the :banana: is my favorite emoticon here on the Guide. If you go to the advanced reply page (hit the post reply button, not the quick reply at the bottom of each thread) and then click on "more smilies" on the right side by the few smilies shown, the banana is in there.

As far as Halo and DVI/HDMI switching goes, you're absolutely right, Brian, that you can add an external switcher. They can be several hundred dollars, though, and you do lose the simplicity of having the processor do switching. It's nice to sit and press one button on the remote to have both audio and video switched over to whatever source you want. Since DVI/HDMI is digital, there should be no signal degradation if this is added to the C1/C2, it would just be a straight video pass-through. ESPECIALLY since Parasound takes such pride in ensuring purity in function for anything they design and/or add to their units.

Now we just need the upgrades to come out! We're waiting!
                CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
                - Pleasantville

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"