X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dts_boy
    • Jan 2004

c2 software/firmware problem?

i have had my c2/a52 combo since it was released in the uk and am over the moon with it! one problem though: every now and then when powering up, i select the input i want to listen to and no sound. i have to mually switch off the power on the back of the c2 and back on again and hey presto, it works fine again. this isn't a regular thing but is starting to bug me and i wanted to see if anyone has had this problem? BTW, this is my first post so bear with me if this has been asked/addressed before :?

Doh!
    Doh!
  • Scarp
    • Mar 2003

Which firmware version do you have? You can check by holding down the power button on the front panel during power on.

Maybe you need a newer version? Otherwise I suggest contacting Parasound about your problem. Mention the serial number of your C2 in your mail.

Comment

• dts_boy
      • Jan 2004

i have checked i have version 6.33. if this needs upgrading how do i go about doing so, there is nothing on the parasound site? what is everyone else on then and will parasound send the latest firmware via email to me?

Doh!
      Doh!

Comment

• Chris D
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Dec 2000

Hiya! Yes, if you have 6.33, it probably would be good if you updated the software. This may very likely solve your bugs. Since 6.33, Parasound has come out with several updates. I'm aware of 6.37, 6.42, and 6.49, (this was not released to the general public) although there may have been others. Parasound is working on a new version, which may possibly be 6.52.

You're right, in that Parasound up to now has not posted any updates publicly to their website. Contact Parasound directly (See the contact thread here) and also view the sofware version discussion thread here.

CHRIS
        Luke: "Hey, I'm not such a bad pilot myself, you know"
        CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
        - Pleasantville

Comment

• goldear
          • Aug 2003

DTS Boy,

I was having some glitches and got a new software version a couple weeks ago (ver. 6.52). I still have the 3 files that Tony sent to me so if you (or anyone else having problems) want these files, e-mail me and I'll send them to you. These aren't upgrades...so you should only use these if you are having problems with your current unit. I don't think they've been publically released, yet...and I am not responsible if you screw up your Halo It did work fine in mine, however...and it does take about 40 minutes for the one file to erase and download. Contact me at clb1@webtv.net

Chris B
          Chris B

Comment

• goldear
            • Aug 2003

Sorry for the duplicate post. Unfortunately, my Webtv is not compatible with this site, as there are times I can't even read whole threads. For those wanting this new version, email me personally since I may not get back here. clb1@webtv.net

Chris B
            Chris B

Comment

• Jon SS
              • Oct 2002

I have the exact same problem. This happens to me about once every 3 weeks, I bought the unit in August 2003 and have the 6.42 firmware. Parasound could not help me and suggested I send the unit back in to be tested. I sent it in last week. I wish I knew about the new firmware so I don't have to be without my C2!

Comment

• Rags
                • Aug 2003

Hey DTS Boy - good to see you here mate. Well done - we are the only UK based members of this Club (I think!).

As far as I can recall you purchased your C2 a while back (well done) and therefore your software is probably one of the older versions around. I have 6.49 and although there have been reports of bugs in this as well, I have found none so far. Everything works a treat (apart from the autocalibrate). Why don't you ask your dealer to update it for you ? As a last resort Parasound would be willing to send you something called an eprom which you can slot in yourself - well thats what they told me but i'm easily confused. :LOL:

Comment

• dts_boy
                  • Jan 2004

hello rags, good to see a friendly face in these here foreign parts :LOL: i've not really been too fussed to be honest as the tag processor i used to have was riddled with software bugs (and so was the arcam av8 that i tried). jon ss, would be interested to see how you get on, especially since the firmware has not done anything for you. i would be tempted at taking it back to my dealer except i can't bear to be without it and i know that they couldn't loan me anything as all my connectiosn are balanced and they don't have anything good enough in store!!!

Doh!
                  Doh!

Comment

• Chris D
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Dec 2000

Rags, what problems are you having with autocalibration?

CHRIS
                    Luke: "Hey, I'm not such a bad pilot myself, you know"
                    CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• Rags
                      • Aug 2003

It doesnt work Chris. The distance it come up with are wildly out - it reckons my left speaker is 2m further away than my right speaker and that the sub is even further away !!! All of my front speakers and the sub are in a line - an although I would expect some small distance differences the amounts it comes up with are just plain barmy. Speaker levels work fine though apart from the sub but it definately calibrates to more than 75db - more like 80 but at least it's consistent.

Simply sounds awesome and getting better !!

Comment

• Scarp
                        • Mar 2003

Sub calibration can be a problem. This is explained in the manual.

That your speakers are wrongly calibrated is strange indeed. However it might be due to reflections on a wall? Bad acoustic properties of your room?

Are you holding the mic at the place your ears normally are? Holding it still and not getting in the way yourself?

To dts_boy, please be very carefull about using firmware that you do not get officially from Parasound. I still suggest contacting parasound about. It appears to have occured more, so it should be known by parasound.

Jon, please let us know what the result is of the investigation by Parasound.

Comment

• Jon SS
                          • Oct 2002

I will keep you guys up to date. I think it may be a while though. I had to send it from Toronto to the distributor in Vancouver. They probably only got it today. I didn't want to part with my C2 but since I paid so much I wanted it to work perfectly.

Incidently I am from London as well, moved to Toronto last year.

Comment

• dts_boy
                            • Jan 2004

thanks for the reponse guys - i will hold off with any unnoficial frimware that has not come from parasound themselves (thanks for the offer though). i sopke to my dealer who are getting in touch with parasound/uk distributor on my behalf and should let me knwo the situation early next week. Rags, i have had no problem with auto calibration, the distances were fine for me although i tuned the sub level by ewar as it was too low from my personal tastes.

Doh!
                            Doh!

Comment

• Jon SS
                              • Oct 2002

My C2 is back, will be picking it up this weekend.

The distributor could not replicate the problem and phoned Parasound who didn't have any suggestions. They checked some of the parts which were the up to date but did upgrade the firmware as apparently mine was a few versions older.

Will test it when I get back, if I still have any problems I will let you guys know.

Comment

• Jon SS
                                • Oct 2002

My new firmware version is 6.52 installed by Parasound distributor in Canada.

Comment

• cameronl
                                  • Jul 2004

could i have the firmware please

hi there, my C2 was working for the first 10 hours but now it plays for about 1 minute and then crashes! Could someone please send me the latest firmware to

cam_logan@yahoo.com

thanks all

CaM

Comment

• Chris D
                                    Moderator Emeritus
                                    • Dec 2000

Cameronl, the way you want to do this is contact Parasound directly. Follow our sticky link HERE at the top of Club Parasound to contact the company. They'll have the latest release for you, no problem, and you'll have the pice of mind that you have the most official and current information available. Let us know how it goes!
                                    CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

Working...
                                    Searching...Please wait.
                                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                    Search Result for "|||"