X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • iceman
    • Oct 2003

Parasound Power Consumption

I just received my electricity bill for the two months and it was outrageous. I jsut got my parasound setup which consists of the C1 and A51 about 2 months ago, which was previously a denon avr4802r. Now I dont use the parasound anymore than I used the denon, but is it true that my parasound could be the reason the my power bill is so much higher?
  • Scarp
    • Mar 2003

The A51 is partially Class A, i.e., it will contiously use several watts (per channel). So it could be that. But dont rule out something else in your house.

Comment

• goose
      • Nov 2003

My C1 is pulling .4 amps and 33 watts from the plug when on. It's pulling .32 amps and 25 watts when off.
      My A51 is pulling 1.85 amps and 146 watts when on but idle and around 3 amps and 250 watts when turned up relatively loud.
      It's pulling .02 and 1 watt when off.
      I measured using a "kill a watt" product.

Doing some rough calculations, that would mean I'm pulling around 3.5 amps and 285 watts when on. If I use the equipment 2 hours a day, 7 days a week, that would equate to about 62 hours a month, which amounts to about 17670 watts per month ( or 17.67 kilowatts). At 10.34 cents per kilowatt hour, that is less than $2 a month.

If someone could check their numbers and let me know if I'm on track, that would be great.

Comment

• Jariten
        • Jun 2000

me quickly removes the 10Kwatt bulb outside of Goose's house...

someone else using your Electrical services?

^^;;

sounds about right....nothing to be worried about...we use the HT more often than that...and still never paid over 100$/month (this is Japan and stuff is usually expensive..) so there might be something else?

^_^

Comment

• netarc
          • Jul 2003

Originally posted by goose
          My C1 is pulling .4 amps and 33 watts from the plug when on. It's pulling .32 amps and 25 watts when off.
          Wow...I'm pretty surprised that the pre/pro pulls nearly as much power in the OFF state as it does when ON? 8O

Does that seem odd to anyone else?

Comment

• Scarp
            • Mar 2003

25 watts to power the glowing red light and the on/off button halo

The powersupply on the C1/C2 is not that of a conventional one, but a switched power supply. That is way its not really getting warm, as compared to a lot of other pre/pro's.

Comment

• Jariten
              • Jun 2000

The Halo and also the previous Pre/pro's from parasound are ALWAYS on
              they simply turn the display off.
              that's it

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"