X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

HALO line storming the industry with demand

I think if the word gets out about this forum club, we'll have a bunch of people here in no time. Very popular product line out there right now.

Although the C1 processor is the king of the heap, Parasound has deeply discounted the HALO C2, and it's selling like hotcakes. Really, it's the same thing, with just a few less features like one less component input and no groovy preview screen in the front of the unit. And a few thousand $$$ less.

I think EVERYONE out there and their mothers are drooling over the JC1 monoblock amplifiers, at $3,000 per channel retail. Wouldn't that be something perfect to have? Those things reproduce some sweet sound, from what I hear. I don't know about you, but I can't afford $21,000 for 7 channels of amplification though.

CHRIS
    Luke: "Hey, I'm not such a bad pilot myself, you know"
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

I think EVERYONE out there and their mothers are drooling over the JC1 monoblock amplifiers, at $3,000 per channel retail. Wouldn't that be something perfect to have? Those things reproduce some sweet sound, from what I hear. I don't know about you, but I can't afford $21,000 for 7 channels of amplification though.

Chris, I'm certainly planning on a couple come next March (bonus check time), but that's all I can hope for. At that point, I'll bridge the front three amps from the RX-V1 for my center channel and hope for the best sonic blend possible until I can afford another JC-1. Actually, it'd be about $18,000 for 6 of these for a full HT, right? I mean one of those driving your sub would be a bit of overkill, wouldn't it?

Nice thought, though. :T

David - HTGuide flunky
    Our "Theater"
    Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

Its only money david! Hey I know some nut case using a proceed to power a shiva sub so the mono might not seem so wild an idea

Chris spread the work buddy and see if you can make Club Halo as big as Club Rotel...come on i dare ya :twisted:

Comment

• Chris D
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Dec 2000

Aha! A challenge! Or to you Canucks, is that a "shallenze"? (best imitation of French/Canadian accent) Getting out the white gloves for a slap across the face?

Honestly, given the impressive success of Club Rotel, just about any club of it's type on the internet would have trouble filling those shoes!

David, as far as channels of amplification, I guess it would depend whether you're using one or two speakers for your rear surrounds. I've got two, for a pseudo-"7.1". I wouldn't dream of using something with such high fidelity on a sub, unless I was just oozing money.

CHRIS
        Luke: "Hey, I'm not such a bad pilot myself, you know"
        CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
        - Pleasantville

Comment

• Lex
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Apr 2001

Its only money david! Hey I know some nut case using a proceed to power a shiva sub
          Hey, I resemble that remark, well I did until I got an Aerial SW-12. Now my Proceed is sitting idle. I may be a nut case. But I'm a nut case with a kick a$$ system.

Lex
          Doug
          "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"