X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

Annual CEDIA offer

Fellas, it's that time of year again. I'm headed to CEDIA again next week. Most likely, I'll run into the Parasound bubbas there, and/or be able to check out their gear. Let me know if there's anything you'd like to me specifically ask, or check out. That goes for other manufacturers or industry topics as well, not just Parasound.

Thank goodness this is the last year in Indianapolis. At least it's better than Atlanta, but next year is going to be better in Denver. It's definitely everyone's preference.
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville
  • impala454
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2007

Hey when is it? I'll be in Indiana from the Sept 23-26 for work.
    -Chuck

Comment

• Kal Rubinson
      Super Senior Member
      • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Chris D
      Thank goodness this is the last year in Indianapolis. At least it's better than Atlanta, but next year is going to be better in Denver. It's definitely everyone's preference.
      Not mine. I have several things against Denver including the longer trip, the paucity of direct flights and the city (or lack, thereof) itself. Convention center is OK, though.
      Kal Rubinson

Comment

• Chris D
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Dec 2000

Yeah, I know it's not 100% with everybody. Atlanta is definitely a main hub to get to for a lot of people, but I'm not a huge fan of the city, and the convention center SUUUUUCKS. Indianapolis is just hard to get to. The convention center isn't bad.

My own opinion, Denver's a main hub that lots of people can get to easily with airlines (I'm one of them), it's a great location, nice city, beautiful state, lots to see and do if you want to get out and do things in Colorado, and nice convention center. It's by far and away my #1 favorite choice. My #2 would be Dallas.

Unless we have CEDIA in somewhere perceived as a "fun" place like Vegas, SoCal, or Orlando, (which I don't see happening because of CES) I think we've got the best option in Denver.

Chuck, CEDIA this year is roughly 5-8 Sep.

Anybody that is going to CEDIA, I'll see you there. Especially the AVS party as always.
        CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• Kal Rubinson
          Super Senior Member
          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Chris D
          My own opinion, Denver's a main hub that lots of people can get to easily with airlines (I'm one of them), it's a great location, nice city, beautiful state, lots to see and do if you want to get out and do things in Colorado, and nice convention center.
          Actually, I never "get out and do things in Colorado" since CEDIA falls into my busy season at work and I must get out and back fast. But, Denver, itself, has no appeal and it's hard to get around.

What I like about Indianapolis is that everything I need for my brief time is within a short walk and, of course, coming from the east coast, it is a short flight.

Sorry for the off-topic rant but my worst CEDIA travel problems have been when it was in Denver.
          Kal Rubinson

Comment

• Chris D
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Dec 2000

Interesting. I totally get that you had problems, Kal. My experience has been the opposite. Several hotels right there in downtown Denver within walking distance of the convention center, the light rail transportation goes all over Denver and pull right up to the convention center. The center's just a block away from the 16th street mall, with major restaraunts and businesses, and DIA is a major hub for several airlines and the newest massive airport in the country.

Certainly, to each their own!
            CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"