X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Audio bliss
    • Aug 2012

Center channel power

Hello..just joined club parasound and my halo a23 is finally broken in and im loving the sound!..now for the center channel..currently using h/k avr254 as pre and to power center..should i get a new classic275 @ bridge it..or would a z-amp be ok bridged?
  • Kal Rubinson
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2006

Get another Parasound or you will not achieve the LCR balance you need.
    Kal Rubinson

Comment

• Chris D
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Dec 2000

Hey, welcome to the Guide and Club Parasound! :banana:

Very cool that you're rocking the A23. The Zamp is great for a smaller setup, but you'll want to go with something full sized. What is your setup? If you have a 5.1 or 7.1 setup, just get an A52 to match the A23 amp, and power your other speakers. If you just have an LCR setup, then I'd get another A23, and then you can either use just one channel of it, or bridge it to power your center.

If you need a more economical solution, then a New Classic 2125 would be the best way to go.
      CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
      - Pleasantville

Comment

• Audio bliss
        • Aug 2012

Thanks chris..glad to be here at club parasound...currently have 5.1..tryed 7.1 but overkill for my room..money is defenitly a issue..took 7 months to save for the a-23...thinking of getting two parasound 275..and bridging one for the center...a paradigm c-370..thats my best route to go financialy..i think the sound from the center will be more dynamic and blend better with the a-23..currently using h/k avr for pre and and to power the center..only 50have watts...new classic should be ok with halo for home theater ..as 2cha music is my passion

Comment

• srb
          • Oct 2004

Originally posted by Kal Rubinson
          Get another Parasound or you will not achieve the LCR balance you need.
          As far as "achieving the LCR balance needed", while it is nice to have a matching amplifier (and gain) for the center channel, what's important is that the volume level is matched to the main speakers. This can be achieved either by (a) an input level control on the amplifier, if so equipped or (b) adjusting the level of the center speaker in the pre-pro/receiver's speaker setup.

It's more important to match the tone and timbre of the main and center channel speakers themselves, preferably within the same speaker model series, but if the gain and/or center channel level are matched, few people would be able to hear a tone or timbre difference when using different amplifiers with the main and center channel speakers, particularly in a home theatre application, given the chosen amplifier has similar power and control for the center channel speaker.

Also keep in mind that the CC-370 center speaker has a sensitivity of 93dB versus 91dB of the Monitor 7 main speakers (if your profile is up to date). A speaker that is 3dB more sensitive will only require 50% of the power for the same loudness, and in your case a speaker that is 2dB more sensitive would require 63% of the power required by the main speakers for the same loudness.

Steve
          Last edited by srb; 28 August 2012, 21:17 Tuesday.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"